Which books to sell and which to keep?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdscottPE

Reaction score
Now that I passed the power exam, I am thinking of unloading the books that I won't really need again. My lists are:

Keep:

Camara

Wildi

Grainger

All printed materials (NEC and NESC are licensed to my company anyway)

Sell:

Graffeo

Complex Imaginary

NCEES practice exam

This was kinda the plan all along. I wrote in the keeps but not the sells.

Does anyone have a different recommendation?

Also, where is the best place to sell? I am set up to sell on eBay, but wonder if there is a better idea.

Burn all the books! LOL

I sold most except

My own formula book - good reference, printed out books (1 copy). No use to keep those since I can use Google University

Burn all the books! LOL

I sold most except

My own formula book - good reference, printed out books (1 copy). No use to keep those since I can use Google University
Yes, burn them. I burned my TF SMS. It was so satisfying.

IMG_0177.JPG

Burn all the books! LOL

I sold most except

Yes, burn them. I burned my TF SMS. It was so satisfying.

attachicon.gif
IMG_0177.JPG
ya I am all for culture revolution..burn all the books! LOL

let's the burning beginning. I should organized a book burning event every season of results released LOL ..

I'm looking to sell:

NCEES sample test (written in)

Power System Analysis - Grainger

Electrical Systems, Drives, and Power Systems - Wildi

The Electrical Engineer's Guide to Passing the Power PE Exam - Graffeo (tabbed, edits written in)

Electricians Exam Book - Holder (new) (NEC 2014)

Practical Calculations for Electricians - Holder (tabbed) (NEC 2014)

Electricians Practice Calculations Exam - Holder (new shrink wrapped) (NEC 2014)

The last 3 focus solely on the NEC and possible NEC calculations and questions, I found them a good usage to go through the NEC (in a more organized manner). Did anyone else use these?

I would not be so quick to get rid of your books.  My reference library helped me to maintain my USCG maritime license for a very long time.  As to the engineering books I have, well, here I am still using them.  The internet is very helpful, and it does not replace a good professional reference library.  Do not assume that everything you see on the internet will still be there 10 years from now.

What I'll burn when I have my license in hand is the practice exams and notes ;)

Marinna

Back