LinkedIn

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamn185 PE

Reaction score
Hey guys, if you're on LinkedIn, how do you put your PE into your profile?

I added mine in the following format:

John

Doe, PE

So, on the profile it now just shows up as "John Doe, PE" for my name.

Has anyone done this, do you put the PE elsewhere, or do you leave it off? Any issues that you can think of having it on your profile like that?

Mine has PE after my name and I list the state and date under certifications.

Enjoy the happy moments of earning the PE, such as updating your name on LinkedIn. And of course EB

Enjoy the happy moments of earning the PE, such as updating your name on LinkedIn. And of course EB

I thought those were the two main reasons people tried to become a PE? Are you telling me there are other benefits? Oh wait, of course there are, how could I forget the period/no period arguments you can participate in!

I thought those were the two main reasons people tried to become a PE? Are you telling me there are other benefits? Oh wait, of course there are, how could I forget the period/no period arguments you can participate in!
I just gave an example. Can't forget the ability to pull the 'trust me, I'm a PE' card on occasion.

Around here, the only benefit is being able to write a check every two years to the board.

I just gave an example. Can't forget the ability to pull the 'trust me, I'm a PE' card on occasion.
Good point, that's an upgrade from the usual 'trust me, I'm an engineer' card.

Around here, the only benefit is being able to write a check every two years to the board.
That too.

I am only licensed in Ohio, so mine says pe, ohio.

Mine has PE after my name and I list the state and date under certifications.
:plusone:
Was that a top priority for you to update LinkedIn?

:party-smiley-048:

Totally, lol. Dude, I couldn't wait to update my email sig at work, ask for new business cards, update LinkedIn, etc. Not to mention fill out the reimbursement paperwork for the exam, hotel, mileage, parking, etc. And my salary bump!

As for the certification on LinkedIn, I just put my state and date for now. I'll add license number when it's issued.

The cool part about LinkedIn is that I'm connected to an old mentor of mine that has since moved on to a different company (across the country) a few years ago. He has always pushed me to get my PE. We stay in touch and usually write an email to each other around the holidays. I saw a congratulatory email from him the same day I updated my LinkedIn profile. I know I made him proud seeing that I finally took his advice and went on to get my PE. It made me really happy to get that email from him as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Back