EET Construction Review

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunZ

Reaction score
I took online EET breath and construction depth review classes, and I can only say I am really satisfied with all the teachers. The Breath class covers all the test topics, and all the instructors care about their students because they could answer my questions on the same day ( sometime even midnight, like 11PM or 12AM).

my background is not construction, but Samir's class is easy to understand, and his new review class( new NCEES test) covers almost 90% of the test. All the homework questions are hard, and actual construction depth test is hard too, so you really need to understand the topic and make sure you understand all the homework questions. For the Breath test, I only guessed 2 or 3 problems, and After the depth test, I thought I failed the afternoon one because there were 10 questions I forgot how to do it ( I had same issue when I was doing my homework, etc, productivity questions ).

my 2 cents: you need to bring all the required code books, I had ASCE 37, AISC steel construction manual, OSHA and MUTCD-PT6, and I don't have ACI SP-4.

MUTCD-PT6, you just need to check the manual, and you will get 1-2 questions.

AISC, you may need to use it to check some information. then you can get another question right.

ASCE 37, you need formulas to do a lot of questions.

ACI SP-4, the only book I don't have, and I didn't get the answer right because I didn't have the tablet to answer the question.

EVERY QUESTION COUNTS.

I will verify Jun's comments. I took the breadth and construction depth classes from EET and passed first try. I've been working in the construction industry for 12 years and came across several questions I wouldn't have been able to answer had I not taken this class. Being able to ask a knowledgeable person a question at 9pm on a Sunday night, and sometimes get an answer back in a few minutes was invaluable.

This would be the review course I'd suggest and have suggested to coworkers taking the exam next April.

I remember Mike! We contested the practice problem with silt fence being used in the channel.

Congrats!

Seriously, I haven't heard of anyone from EET failing.

Ha yeah! I remember that!

Congrats to you too!

Samir sent an email to 6 of us from the construction group. I don't remember how many total were in the class, but of course that might have been the only ones who have emailed him. He was the second person I told after my wife! ha.

Its too Bad that I could able to talk to Dr Nazrul to give him feedback on the exam. I took water resources. I passed WRE in third time.

I'll concur with Jun's comments on EET's review courses.... absolutely invaluable. I took both the 8-hr (Breadth and Construction Depth) and Dr. Ibrahim's Seismic course. I can say for certain, I had no idea where to even start in my studying, but EET's instructors lay everything out in an organized way and make sure you cover all of the necessary topics. I can't say enough about how much the instructors truly care about your readiness for the exam... they are very responsive to email questions easily <24 hours for answers) and make themselves available by phone to all of their students. It was completely worth the money and I couldn't have passed without them. Highly recommended!

I'll concur with Jun's comments on EET's review courses.... absolutely invaluable. I took both the 8-hr (Breadth and Construction Depth) and Dr. Ibrahim's Seismic course. I can say for certain, I had no idea where to even start in my studying, but EET's instructors lay everything out in an organized way and make sure you cover all of the necessary topics. I can't say enough about how much the instructors truly care about your readiness for the exam... they are very responsive to email questions easily <24 hours for answers) and make themselves available by phone to all of their students. It was completely worth the money and I couldn't have passed without them. Highly recommended!
jta2010,

Did you take the course live, live webinar or on-demand webinar? I have been reviewing comments on here lately and it seems that EET is the one to take. I don't think I've seen anyone fail the PE after taking their course. Hope I'm not the first one. I'm thinking of taking the live webinar for the morning and the on-demand for construction since the live webinar interferes with work. Also, how were their books they sent out?

I did live webinar for both and it was great. If you can swing it, I'd highly recommend the live class. The ability to ask a question as it is being discussed is great.

Samir teaches construction, and he is always available though if you have to take on-demand.

The binders are sent USPS Priority Mail and few weeks prior to the start of class. Nothing for you to print or bind, they are already put together.

... Nothing for you to print or bind, they are already put together.
This is big for me!!

The notes are also well organized and follow the NCEES exam outline. uofmalum, I'm taking the class for the fall WR/E exam. I'm taking the webinar for the morning and afternoon sessions.

I went ahead and signed up for the live webinar for the morning and on-demand for the afternoon construction depth. I sent a lot of emails and Samir answered them within an hour, which was good in itself. He also gave me a military discount, which really helped in the decision making. I should have my binders by tomorrow. I already have access to the previous semester's info and will start reviewing that and tabbing this weekend.

I went ahead and signed up for the live webinar for the morning and on-demand for the afternoon construction depth. I sent a lot of emails and Samir answered them within an hour, which was good in itself. He also gave me a military discount, which really helped in the decision making. I should have my binders by tomorrow. I already have access to the previous semester's info and will start reviewing that and tabbing this weekend.
Awesome. I'll see you in the morning sessions.

Back