April 2015 Pass Rates

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jupiter_PE

Reaction score
PE Exam - April 2015 Pass rates:

Lowest Pass rate: PE Electrical and Computer: Computer Engineering

Highest Pass rate : PE Architectural

67tgdf.jpg

Seems like pass rate for Civil Structure is always higher than Civil Transportation. Don't know why. The cut outs are probably higher for Civil Transportation.

Thankfully I passed the power test last cycle.

I tend to get obsessed with things like this... so I stayed after work today and compiled the pass rates since October 2012. Figured people on here might be interested.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to graph it while keeping it readable. PM me if you are interested in getting the raw data.

2agvqps.png

I didn't realize that the PE Mechanical changed to 3 types just last April...Interesting.
I think NCEES just started reporting each afternoon module separately. I think before that they still had three depth exams, but they just lumped the passing scores together.

Whoever told me Civil Construction is the easiest and has the highest pass rate definitely lied. I took their advice and passed, though, so I guess it worked!

Whoever told me Civil Construction is the easiest and has the highest pass rate definitely lied. I took their advice and passed, though, so I guess it worked!
I'm thinking this pattern is beginning to show more than that this is a hard exam....like are you getting people who really don't do engineering work taking this (estimators, equipment operators, etc)?

I'm thinking this pattern is beginning to show more than that this is a hard exam....like are you getting people who really don't do engineering work taking this (estimators, equipment operators, etc)?
How are non-engineers able to take the test at all?

My state had an application process and you had to show you do engineering work, and have licensed PEs sign off on what you were submitting. Is that not true for every state?

That doesn't mean Construction isn't the easiest...just means the people who take it might not be the smartest :popcorn:

Back