Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Jupiter_PE

April 2015 Pass Rates

PE Exam - April 2015 Pass rates:

Lowest Pass rate: PE Electrical and Computer: Computer Engineering

Highest Pass rate : PE Architectural

67tgdf.jpg

Seems like pass rate for Civil Structure is always higher than Civil Transportation. Don't know why. The cut outs are probably higher for Civil Transportation.

Thankfully I passed the power test last cycle.

I tend to get obsessed with things like this... so I stayed after work today and compiled the pass rates since October 2012. Figured people on here might be interested.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to graph it while keeping it readable. PM me if you are interested in getting the raw data.

2agvqps.png

I didn't realize that the PE Mechanical changed to 3 types just last April...Interesting.

Man, I hope I'm part of the 32% that passed transportation. CA is still reviewing results. I hope the wait is worth it!

I didn't realize that the PE Mechanical changed to 3 types just last April...Interesting.

I think NCEES just started reporting each afternoon module separately. I think before that they still had three depth exams, but they just lumped the passing scores together.

• Like 1

I think NCEES just started reporting each afternoon module separately. I think before that they still had three depth exams, but they just lumped the passing scores together.

Ahhh gotcha

Whoever told me Civil Construction is the easiest and has the highest pass rate definitely lied. I took their advice and passed, though, so I guess it worked!

Whoever told me Civil Construction is the easiest and has the highest pass rate definitely lied. I took their advice and passed, though, so I guess it worked!

I'm thinking this pattern is beginning to show more than that this is a hard exam....like are you getting people who really don't do engineering work taking this (estimators, equipment operators, etc)?

I'm thinking this pattern is beginning to show more than that this is a hard exam....like are you getting people who really don't do engineering work taking this (estimators, equipment operators, etc)?

How are non-engineers able to take the test at all?

My state had an application process and you had to show you do engineering work, and have licensed PEs sign off on what you were submitting. Is that not true for every state?

That doesn't mean Construction isn't the easiest...just means the people who take it might not be the smartest :popcorn:

My state had an application process and you had to show you do engineering work, and have licensed PEs sign off on what you were submitting. Is that not true for every state?

A little creative wording on the experience section??

Regardless, mcjohn just said what I was getting at ..... so he said it not me!

I always wonder how they calculate the repeaters ...seems very low ...

repeaters will always be low, high performers will have passed the first attempt and no longer be in the pool. Repeaters (and i say this with all do respect as I just failed and will be retaking) are all thats left in the pool.

repeaters will always be low, high performers will have passed the first attempt and no longer be in the pool. Repeaters (and i say this with all do respect as I just failed and will be retaking) are all thats left in the pool.

Pretty much.

A little creative wording on the experience section??

Regardless, mcjohn just said what I was getting at ..... so he said it not me!

In all honesty, I would expect it has something to do with Construction jobs being more mobile and less structured. When I studied, I would work my 730-430, come home and have the same routine on study nights. If I was working all day in the field, tired from being on my feet, I probably wouldn't do well studying versus me sitting at my desk all day.

Construction seems to be a catch all for people who are more geared towards the doing and the dirty work of the profession, whereas the other specialties attract the nerds (me included). So a test geared towards more theory than practical application is going to get a lower passing score from those geared more towards the doing.