Engineer Boards
PPI
ptatohed

Everything you wanted to know about the CA-Survey/Seismic Civil PE Exams

Silly question...

But for those of you who have taken and passed the seismic exam. How many walked out feeling like they were borderline and ended up passing? 

Now that a week has pass, i'm starting to dawn on the test, and i'm really feeling insecure about passing? The feeling sucks... I kinda wish I have the result already so i know if I pass or fail :(

10 minutes ago, quique07 said:

Silly question...

But for those of you who have taken and passed the seismic exam. How many walked out feeling like they were borderline and ended up passing? 

Now that a week has pass, i'm starting to dawn on the test, and i'm really feeling insecure about passing? The feeling sucks... I kinda wish I have the result already so i know if I pass or fail :(

You probably won't like this .... the last time i had feeling like i was on borderline, i ended up failing. When did you take exam?

Last Friday... :(:(

3 minutes ago, quique07 said:

How many did you feel you got for sure? Meaning, you actually got one of the answers.

1 hour ago, quique07 said:

But for surveying, I thought I definitely failed, but I ended up passing. You never know. Cheers up! 

Silly question...

Now that a week has pass, i'm starting to dawn on the test, and i'm really feeling insecure about passing? The feeling sucks... I kinda wish I have the result already so i know if I pass or fail

It is the nature of post examination. It's just a roller coaster ride until you get your results. Just think positive thoughts and I'm sure you did fine. Worst comes to worst you have to take the exam again. No big deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

lol... thanks for your answers!!

I guess there's nothing more than to wait. 

I have the surveying exam next month, so I'm studying for that too... 

For future test takers, for what it's worth, here are two emails received from the Board for CA Surveying Exam Results. The first one is from a failed exam. It had two attachments, one of which was a re-examination form. The second email is from a passed exam. It does not have the re-examination form attachment.

image.thumb.png.1a6fa3c9da3d71354b4b47941914ce5d.png

image.thumb.png.009c7e6fb01b228718dcb1a659f50d12.png

image.png

Edited by doubleH
Multiple similar attachments

2 minutes ago, doubleH said:

For future test takers, for what it's worth, here are two emails received from the Board for CA Surveying Exam Results. The first one is from a failed exam. It had two attachments, one of which was a re-examination form. The second email is from a passed exam. It does not have the re-examination form attachment.

image.thumb.png.1a6fa3c9da3d71354b4b47941914ce5d.png

image.thumb.png.009c7e6fb01b228718dcb1a659f50d12.png

image.png

Yes and No. Yes, you are correct that the email had two attachments for failing results and one attachment for passing results in the past. 

HOWEVER, all three of my coworkers who just got results on last Wednesday got one attachment with 'FAIL' results in red. I believe they no longer attach refile form anymore starting now. I feel bad for them because they thought they passed after they saw one attachment...

Thanks for chiming in!

Yes and No. Yes, you are correct that the email had two attachments for failing results and one attachment for passing results in the past. 
HOWEVER, all three of my coworkers who just got results on last Wednesday got one attachment with 'FAIL' results in red. I believe they no longer attach refile form anymore starting now. I feel bad for them because they thought they passed after they saw one attachment...

34 minutes ago, AyanHein said:

I can confirm. Failed surveying and only had one attachment. Oh well. Passed the 8-hour and seismic on the first try. Can't win them all right?

2 minutes ago, engineeringforfun said:

I can confirm. Failed surveying and only had one attachment. Oh well. Passed the 8-hour and seismic on the first try. Can't win them all right?

OK, so at least we know attachments don't matter.

You'll get it. It's only a matter of time.

I'm trying to find something useful for future test takers...

Two things:

1) Whether you pass or fail, the Board seems to provide everyone the re-examination link in email body

2) When I passed the surveying exam, I felt absolutely sure on 35 problems, I was so-so on 5 problems, and completely guessed on 15

Maybe this info will help someone out there

All the best!

I was wondering if I fail one or both exams what is the process to retake. Do I get authorized for the next quarter? Does the board charge fees to retake? I assume I pay prometric the same fees like first time scheduling? Thanks!

7 hours ago, staringatmonitor said:

I was wondering if I fail one or both exams what is the process to retake. Do I get authorized for the next quarter? Does the board charge fees to retake? I assume I pay prometric the same fees like first time scheduling? Thanks!

You need to fill out the re-examination form and send it to the board. Once you get approved, you can take the exam in the quarter following the one in which you were approved. It's $150 per exam as far as fees go + prometric fees.

• Like 1