PA Results? - Page 2 - APR 2015 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
PA-Civil

PA Results?

I don't.

But, 12 weeks is ridiculous. That's July! Let's hope they release them before July!

:pcs:

It appears most states dropped PCS. For good reason. For a, "a specialized service provider for examination development, examination administration, licensing and certification services to state and national organizations," they sure seem to suck at it. Shouldn't ya know, they be good at what they specialize in? Why are they withholding results that over half the country already has???

Just got this email from PCS:

"Dear Candidate,

Scores for the April 2015 Pennsylvania PE/PS Examinations have been reported to PCS; however, they will not be officially released to candidates at this time. When grades are reported by NCEES, PCS and the Pennsylvania State Board have a reconciliation process to conclude prior to scores being released to candidates. During this process, any scores you see on your PCSHQ profile are considered to be unofficial. Please be assured that the moment the scores are officially available, NCEES will be notified immediately and scores will be released. Official score results will be posted on your My NCEES account (www.ncees.org) approximately 12 weeks following the examination as indicated in the Candidate Information Bulletin received by you prior to the examination date. If you took a State Specific examination, those results will be emailed to you within 12 weeks following the examination."

Neither NCEES or PCS have been updated. Waiting to wait...

I don't.

But, 12 weeks is ridiculous. That's July! Let's hope they release them before July!

This almost certainly won't happen to you, but just remember, it is possible. When I took the PE first time, in April of 2006. I got results on July 8th of 2006.

Just looked up the next PA Engineering Board meeting date - July 8.

If they wait that long to release results I'm going to be highly upset.

The 12 weeks occurs 2 days after the next announced board meeting... I wouldn't be surprised to not hear anything until after then. I looked at the previous meeting agenda (May13) and there were no topics of the PE exam... Ugh

It would be interesting to compare who is already getting the SPAM emails from PPI and who isn't. They're in bed with everyone else and that may be the best indicator of who passed. Unfortunately I am already getting emails from PPI.

I don't.

This almost certainly won't happen to you, but just remember, it is possible. When I took the PE first time, in April of 2006. I got results on July 8th of 2006.

I'm afraid of that possibility. Trying to stay positive to avoid having an anxiety or heart attack, haha.

It would be interesting to compare who is already getting the SPAM emails from PPI and who isn't. They're in bed with everyone else and that may be the best indicator of who passed. Unfortunately I am already getting emails from PPI.

No.

I don't get why last year PA had the results on the 2nd day and this year we get this crazy email stating it could be six more weeks wait.

What has changed?

Somebody above mentioned that there was a "snafu" last year with respect to grades that were passing and should have failed and vice versa. I'm sure some big whig government nutjob put some plan in place to have a meeting between PCS, NCEES and the state to make sure it doesn't happen. Of course that meeting wouldn't happen at a time convenient for us, right? Then again, the results could show up in an hour for all I know..

PCS will probably post them late in the day to avoid having to answer the phone when people call in to ask if the scores are official or not, haha.

Somebody wake me when this nightmare is over.....

But you'll miss July 4th...

• Like 1

I hate being the bearer of bad news.

I hate being the bearer of bad news.

So, you're saying... official results not until July or unofficial results not until July?

I've been lurking for months but I just called PCS and thought that signing up just to share this information was important. I spoke with a lady who was very nice, been with PCS for 15 years, I believe truly empathized with our displeasure and tried to give me as much info as she knew. Also, she did not know Engineerboards.com existed and was shocked to see that we all talk so much.

The Short Story:

Due to the fiasco of last January with the PA licensing site, PCS has chosen not to update PA candidate PCS profiles before the PA Board approves the release of the NCEES site results. Essentially, PCS and NCEES websites will be updated at the same time. Also, with the caution that she could only give an experienced speculation of what may happen, she said she would be shocked and angry herself if it took even 8-10 weeks for the results to be approved, let alone 12 weeks. She felt confident that we would get them in a few weeks. Also, she did not think that the board had to actually meet in order for them to approve the results for release. Anyone with access to last year's board minutes will be able to confirm if PE results ever get discussed in a board meeting.

After explaining PCS's role in general licensing, all these problems fall on PA's Board and government because they require this process to occur because they did not take the time or resources to make a licensing department that does what PCS does for them.

I hope this brings some comfort to all of you, at least in that we cannot expect any results for the next few weeks on any page. So we can at least stop refreshing. I did recommend that PCS tell us never to check the PA license search. That site is completely controlled by a different beast. Go by PCS or NCEES only.

I've been lurking for months but I just called PCS and thought that signing up just to share this information was important. I spoke with a lady who was very nice, been with PCS for 15 years, I believe truly empathized with our displeasure and tried to give me as much info as she knew. Also, she did not know Engineerboards.com existed and was shocked to see that we all talk so much.

The Short Story:

Due to the fiasco of last January with the PA licensing site, PCS has chosen not to update PA candidate PCS profiles before the PA Board approves the release of the NCEES site results. Essentially, PCS and NCEES websites will be updated at the same time. Also, with the caution that she could only give an experienced speculation of what may happen, she said she would be shocked and angry herself if it took even 8-10 weeks for the results to be approved, let alone 12 weeks. She felt confident that we would get them in a few weeks. Also, she did not think that the board had to actually meet in order for them to approve the results for release. Anyone with access to last year's board minutes will be able to confirm if PE results ever get discussed in a board meeting.

After explaining PCS's role in general licensing, all these problems fall on PA's Board and government because they require this process to occur because they did not take the time or resources to make a licensing department that does what PCS does for them.

I hope this brings some comfort to all of you, at least in that we cannot expect any results for the next few weeks on any page. So we can at least stop refreshing. I did recommend that PCS tell us never to check the PA license search. That site is completely controlled by a different beast. Go by PCS or NCEES only.

Thanks for the update! Really appreciate it!

I will admit that things could always turn out better and we get them today or this week. I know for me though, just knowing this as the worst case calmed me down considerably, even though I'm still disgusted with the situation. I know I'll still be refreshing at 5pm everyday, but at least now I'll be more productive at work.