Club of people who failed April 2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunny777

Reaction score
Who is crying @ failure in April 2015 - and the one who is gonna sit for Oct 2015 - join the club to support each other.

It might be helpful if people started posting their failing scores and disciplines so that we can start working on the elusive cut score. The April '14 test that I took had a civil transportation cut score around 57 as someone failed with a 56...

Failed rhe first 3 times. I hate tests.

I failed 2x. RG's advice is spot on. It's all about about prep. Gotta have your mind set correct.

This is my second time failing the Civil/Construction exam, both times I have studied more than 3 months prior to the exam. First time I bought some of the resources required plus practice exams. Second time I bought ALL the required resources plus I logged over 100 hours of studying and did 580 practice problems from various sources ( I kept tabs on how much I studied each area). I put in the effort and still fell short. Guess the next stop will be to invest in SoPE or something...

I am waiting to get a fail notice because I know I did bad on Construction depth.

This is my second time failing the Civil/Construction exam, both times I have studied more than 3 months prior to the exam. First time I bought some of the resources required plus practice exams. Second time I bought ALL the required resources plus I logged over 100 hours of studying and did 580 practice problems from various sources ( I kept tabs on how much I studied each area). I put in the effort and still fell short. Guess the next stop will be to invest in SoPE or something...

Construction depth pass rate is always low tho. last time pass rate was around 50%, and others where like 70%,

if I fail the construction this time, I am not sure I should try other, like water resourse.

Look into EET. Their review course was excellent, and the binders will cover 90% of the exam.

It might be helpful if people started posting their failing scores and disciplines so that we can start working on the elusive cut score. The April '14 test that I took had a civil transportation cut score around 57 as someone failed with a 56...
I got the same darn score too in Transpo.....my heart sank. But I nailed it October '14, received my PE, and then got a dream job (PE required) working as an Associate Civil Engineer for a city just 3 miles from my house.

It's been said before on this board, and it's stands to say it again. A failing score does not define you. It happens. It means nothing. It's just a minor delay in your life plans. What defines you, is how you deal with the failure. You can choose to get up, wipe the dirt off and kick it's ass next time, or you can let it defeat you. Only you can make that choice, but we've all gotten to this point, this cross roads and had to decide if we really wanted it. The test IS passable. You ALL can do it. Keep you head up and truck on. This board is full of people who can and will help you.

I see many, like myself, struggle with the construction. Did anyone actually switch to like WRE and find it better?

LP, I suggest you review the exam topic outlines on the NCEES website. I would pick the exam with the topics that best fits your strengths / area of expertise / what you work in.

Hey Mike. A lot of great advice on these boards suggested I do the same. Some said to stick with it some said to switch. My dilemma is I do pipelines and anything I choose would be a new topic.

I did find comfort that others agreed Testmasters (which I used their online course) had a bad construction instructor. I contacted EET and they seem to be pretty good. I guess I'll make a decision at some point. :)

LP,

Another idea is get access to PE of depths that you wanna take and take preliminary NCEES test of PM as dry run. Based on your strength and weakness you can decide.

I thought at worst I got 35 out of 40 right on morning portion but it turns out I only got 26 right and failed civil/structural exam. I knew that I did bad on the afternoon portion and would roughly get half of them right and I was right since I answered only 19 correctly. Can't figure out what tricks I missed on morning portion. According to diagnostic report I didn't get any transportation questions right and I was pretty sure that I got at least 2 out of 3 right since I still remember them and looking at CERM formula I am not coming out with any different answer.

Back