CA Civil - Seismic and Surveying

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notsocivil PE

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the CA state-specific civil exam results are released at the same time as the 8-hr? I took all three and am anxious for the little green box on the NCEES page, but don't know where to turn for the CA-specific results.

CA results usually come before the 8 hour and they arrive via email. Email one will tell you what your password is (to access pw protected file) and to tell you to expect results within 24 hours. Email two will have the password protected file which will give you results for surveying AND seismic. The second email usually comes 2-3 hours after the first.

I'm waiting on seismic and 8-hour so I hope I find out I passed both on the BPELS email since that releases before the 8-hour.

Thanks! Good to know! I tried asking the "live chat" person on the NCEES website, but they gave me a non-answer.

Thanks! Good to know! I tried asking the "live chat" person on the NCEES website, but they gave me a non-answer.

Yeah, they wouldn't know anything about that as it's the California board (aka BPELS) that requires the seismic and surveying for licensure. All NCEES would tell anyone is to contact your local state board.

i took all 3 tests in April 2015 also, hopefully the results are coming soon since some states have released results already!!!

Last fall I tool all three and I received seismic and survey the day after I received my 8-hr results. Last spring my co-worker received all three the same day

What is pass score required for Seismic and Surveying? I am assuming if it is 70%. I felt these special exams were harder than PE exam.

I think I did well in seismic but not surveying. So I think I'll retake it again. So what's a good notes can I get to pass this surveying. What materials are recommended to get or I can buy ? I love out of CA

What review courses did you guys take for surveying.
I self-studied for a week and took a day off work to crank out tons of practice problems. I felt pretty confident during the exam, but we'll see once we get results.

Practice problems really boosted my confidence.

At the risk of jinxing myself, I went into the surveying exam already accepting the fact that I had failed but thought the exam was much easier than I expected and will be surprised if I didn't pass.

Back