Raw score

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
54.5? did they give partial credit for close to right answers? like if you pick A and the answer is B, you're just 1 off...

Raw score necessary to pass is equal to the number of questions required to be answered correctly for your specific discipline and exam administration as determined by a group of people who sit around and discuss how many of such questions are necessary to get right in order to demonstrate minimum competency in your area of practice divided by total number of questions for the exam which varies from a minimum of eighty to a maximum of one hundred questions depending on whether it is the principles and practice of engineering or the principles and practice of surveying or the environmental exam. or others that I'm as of this point in my life still unaware of.

Any questions?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Cut Score is equal to the raw score necessary to pass which is also equal to the number of questions required to be answered correctly for your specific discipline and exam administration as determined by a group of people who sit around and discuss how many of such questions are necessary to get right in order to demonstrate minimum competency in your area of practice divided by total number of questions for the exam which varies from a minimum of eighty to a maximum of one hundred questions depending on whether it is the principles and practice of engineering or the principles and practice of surveying or the environmental exam. or others that I'm as of this point in my life still unaware of.

Back