Where was you?!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wildsoldier PE

Reaction score
Post the location and what you were doing when you received the news that you passed the PE.

In my case, It was December 2011, I was at KFC eating(not a good healthy choice) with my wife and I searched on my old iPhone 4 to see if the results were posted on NCEES. Then notice that a link was added saying Results Report (my heart palpitations increased like if I was going to have a car accident)....I clicked on it, I saw the word "Congratulations" but when I read it I was so nervous that I couldn't make sense out of it. Took me like 4 long seconds to find that word "status results: Passed". I told my wife result are in...I passed....my wife couldn't believe it, she had to see the report in the phone. What a relief....after that I spread the word.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec, 2014. I was at home. I had given up hope that Ohio would post the results that day. I was already wound up pretty good and had a splitting headache. I thought a hot shower might help with the tension. I got out of the shower and noticed the email saying the results were in. I am fairly certain my heart stopped beating for a minute or two. Needless to say, I logged in and saw green. Life was good once again!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in a conference room meeting with 25 people in the meeting. I was sitting in the corner quietly been F5, the whole time every couple minutes...halfway through the meeting, I rose my hands and quietly yelled out yes! ...a couple next to me wondering wtf wrong with me lol...they asked me after the meeting....

Sitting at my desk at work. I don't think I was F5ing feverishly but I was certainly checking every now and then. I was about to leave, figured I'd check one more time, and let out a loud YESSS!!! which prompted my boss to come over and ask what was going on.

It was May 22, 2014, I was away from the office training. During a break I checked my email after everyone returned to class as had been doing for a few days prior. I logged in and not expecting to see anything, but to a plesent suprise I saw the word Passed and my heart started to beat so fast that I had a panic attack. I thought that I had lost my mind, so I looked at it again and saw Passed and sat down took some deep breathes and I was calm by then. I return to class and told one of my classmates who was an engineer and my instructor who already had his PE. My instructor congratualted me and announced it the rest of the class who were non-engineers. Most of them did not know what the PE was and it made no difference to them one way or the other. But for the three of us who were engineers, it was a big deal.

I keep having visions and dreams that I somehow passed and either danced or broke down in tears of joy.

I run my own company now and had to put in long days in the office and offshore to study. I know it will be overcome with joy if I see a congrats or green pass. God willing!

Nobody offshore cares about this at all.

"Hey Mistah Shawz, is dis'ear pizza paypuh gonna git us mo' production outta da well?"

"No, Troy/Hank/Scooter/Leroy/Butch it wont"

"Den Why you gotta geddit?"

"It's important to me"

"Dis gonna pay you mo'?"

"No, nobody cares"

"Man, you crazy"

"Thanks"

-FIN-

Omaha Beach, 1944. the Germans had us pinned with our backs to the sea. my platoon was making way up the beach when i found shelter behind an anti-landing barrier. i decided to login to my NCEES account and lo and behold i passed. we went on to secure the beachhead and, eventually, find private ryan.

both times i was at my office at my desk, furiously F5'ing NCEES and engineerboards. feels good when you see that green box.

I was in my office at the unit waiting for the bus to arrive to take me and 164 troops off to fight the war in Iraq. It was about 8:35 in the morning, the bus was coming at 9 AM. Formation was in 10 minutes with all our duffel bags already lined up to be loaded on the bus. I decided to check one more time, because it would be days before I'd have a chance again. When I found out I passed, I went to my duffel bag, took out my CERM, threw it in my wall locker and called my wife to tell her that I loved her, I'd call her when we got to the mobilization station, and that I passed the PE exam. Then I went and stood in front of my company and marched them off to war. That was January 3rd, 2007.

Nobody offshore cares about this at all.

"Hey Mistah Shawz, is dis'ear pizza paypuh gonna git us mo' production outta da well?"

"No, Troy/Hank/Scooter/Leroy/Butch it wont"

"Den Why you gotta geddit?"

"It's important to me"

"Dis gonna pay you mo'?"

"No, nobody cares"

"Man, you crazy"

"Thanks"

-FIN-
This is more or less my experience as well.

As for my own story, I was actually making the 6-hour drive home from Louisiana after a particularly grueling offshore hitch. It was December 2015, just about six months ago. When I got back to the beach I checked here to discover that several states had released results. Every time I'd stop for gas or a break on the way home, I'd refresh to see if Texas released their scores even though I was sure I failed. They never did throughout the entire drive. I got home, reunited with the family and began settling back in for my time off, then decided to check scores one last time for the evening. Texas released. Passed with 90%. I can count on one hand the number of times in my life I've been left speechless, and this was one of them. It was a good night.

At home with my dog. Couldn't work today in case I failed. Didn't know if I could cope. I passed thankfully.

I was driving to pick up my dog from boarding. Got the email while driving and couldn't help but just log in right then and there. Yes, safety... I know.

I was in my hotel room at a resort in Maui, Hawaii. I got the email and logged in with my wife standing by my side. We both saw PASS and jumped for joy hugging each other. I then texted and called my parents and other family/friends. It made a perfect ending to an already awesome vacation!

Stuck in a traffic jam in NYC, it was about 30 mins since the last time I checked my E-mail and all of the sudden Boom! And NCEES e-mail was in. I calmly refreshed my internet browser and there it was a green color box next to the test notice . Closed the website and all, but wait!!.

I did not read what was in the green box, what if it said failed. How would I know that failed was in a different color, so I had to go back to log in and take a screenshot.

I was in a Southwest airlines boarding line today, heading home from Austin. I got the email right before I boarded and my husband and I looked on my phone together. I started shaking when I saw I passed. I really really thought I failed.

On my couch watching the movers pack me up. Looking at EB posts only to have the email come in unexpectedly. My heart started beating so fast. Saw the pass and started shaking. So grateful. So glad I don't have to take these books with me to Japan!!!

I was at work yesterday checking my NCEES account and looking on EB every few minutes. I kept bursting out laughing at different posts and my coworker across the hall says, "you're not on that message board again, are you?"...so I started switching between work and checking. Finally around the afternoon I saw that I passed.

Anyway, that's my eventful story.

Back