Good Morning From Chicagoland

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSY

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! This is Neo and I am practicing structural engineer in Chicago. Thought maybe a good idea to introduce a bit about myself, I am born and raised in Hong Kong and studied in England, Nottingham. Now I have been through 3 brutal winter in Chicago, my firm works on some high-rise project and a lot residential and commercial project. I am looking to take my SE Exam and hope to learn from all bright structural engineers here.

So here is my first questions:

Which review course I should be taken?

Name

SEAOI

Kaplan

School of PE

ASCE

Kaplan is more attractive and I am wondering has anyone took it before?

Thank you so much for all your tremendous help.

Warm regards from a cold morning,

Neo

Welcome.

I took School of PE to help with me prepare for the Civil exam. I haven't taken the test yet, but the class did seem to help narrow down the topics that need to be studied. I don't know how they are for the SE exam.

I've read good things about EET (http://eet-california.com/home). I think they have an SE review class too.

I've read mixed reviews about ASCE, Kaplan, and PPI.

You're name is Neo?! :blink:

photo-04.jpg

There is no spoon...

....and welcome to EB! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone! This is Neo and I am practicing structural engineer in Chicago. Thought maybe a good idea to introduce a bit about myself, I am born and raised in Hong Kong and studied in England, Nottingham. Now I have been through 3 brutal winter in Chicago, my firm works on some high-rise project and a lot residential and commercial project. I am looking to take my SE Exam and hope to learn from all bright structural engineers here.

So here is my first questions:

Which review course I should be taken? Name SEAOI Kaplan School of PE ASCE

Kaplan is more attractive and I am wondering has anyone took it before?

Thank you so much for all your tremendous help.

Warm regards from a cold morning,

Neo
Just remember, summers are short in the windy city. Enjoy the 2 weeks before it starts to snow again. [emoji3]

Thanks a lot guys ( As the Gender stated Male), Yes my name is Neo which I picked it myself (After the matrix movie), Just to make life easier for the English speaking individuals so they could pronounce "my name" easier rather than the Chinese name. Thanks for all your suggestions. I am still debate maybe I should just take the April one since the summer is the only time that I could go out in Chicago...

Just a quick side note. anyone heard of PPi review course for SE?

Back