Any have FiOS and want to refer a friend?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tapatalk can't send a PM, fails every time. Here is my code:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that sucked internet froze and lost and had to recheck out now the code isn't working

Verizon FiOS is a triple play package (phone, tv, internet). It's run over a fiber optic communication network. It's not yet available in all areas.

Yeah I was surprised to learn that PA has a fairly well built out FiOS system...I think it is available (at least partly) in a couple of states PA, TX, CA, NY, MA. They are offering speeds up to 500 Mbps... Of course at outrageous prices, but the 50 Mbps option is pretty reasonable at least on par with Comcast, but VZ is offering tuese speeds with no data cap

Using their media data sevice Moca, I get 256Mbps, my normal internet is 75Mbps up and down.

I currently have it. The first two year contract is a great deal. Internet speed is ridiculously good for download/upload/Netflix. I currently have at least eight devices connected to my FiOS internet and haven't noticed any lag.

The part that sucks (inevitably) is that Verizon's customer service is terrible. Also, once the two-year sign on contract expires the price bump is pretty appreciable.

Pretty much fox. I do have one friend who said he was able to cancel and then reinstall under his wife's name so he got the two year deal but I haven't personally tried it. I did call a few times asking for deals for current customers looking to renew their contract and got nothing. The reps kept saying there was nothing available and that they would contact me when something came up - never heard from them.

I finally called and threatened to cancel and their "Customer Retention" department called back and gave me a one year deal. Not as good as the 2-year sign on offer but better than what I had.

Google fiber is supposed to JUST hit my neighborhood. Fingers crossed...

Dial up?!

BO7rmKK.jpg

Yes, EG loves technology. ;)

And Google Fiber would be another service I would get if available in my area.

Back