Graphite Issues Map

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I'm sure NCEES loves it when you guys start this stuff. How about if they forward all the calls to their office asking about this to you?

Oh, I'm sure NCEES loves it when you guys start this stuff. How about if they forward all the calls to their office asking about this to you?
I'd be happy to field a call or too. Don't think the caller would feel any better after hanging up though. They may not like my answer to their query.

giphy.gif

tried to view the attachment but it said i do not have permission, i guess because i am a new member. May i ask is California affected by the graphite issue please? Thanks!

My sources said the problem originated in Wyoming, but now there is concern that it is more wide spread than originally thought. So now they have to run checks on all pencils issued in all states. You can send your pencils to me and I will deliver them to the appropriate personnel responsible for testing.

Do not know, why cant I download the or look at the JPEG map above.

I also had one question I had to erase one question, wherein, the eraser almost tore the paper on one question and erasing would leave smidgen pencil mark which was difficult to remove. Is that what you guys are referring here?

I also had one question I had to erase one question, wherein, the eraser almost tore the paper on one question and erasing would leave smidgen pencil mark which was difficult to remove. Is that what you guys are referring here?
No, but eraser marks count as double against you.
The issue at hand is they substituted no. 3 lead in place of the required no. 2

Ok, I am honestly having trouble determining whether this post is a hoax or real. Have they seriously had issues with the pencils used during the exam leading to grading problems? Has this been a problem in the past?

Ok, I am honestly having trouble determining whether this post is a hoax or real. Have they seriously had issues with the pencils used during the exam leading to grading problems? Has this been a problem in the past?
They're jerking your chain. Ironically, it could delay results because all of you will call or chat NCEES and they'll have to deal with this hoax instead of working to get out the results.

Ironically, it could delay results because all of you will call or chat NCEES and they'll have to deal with this hoax instead of working to get out the results.
Right, because the people taking the calls/chats are the same people grading the exams

Back