Thank You to ALL

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGSmith519

Reaction score
Hey Everyone

I just wanted to thank you all for your posts on Sample Questions, Reference Materials, Tips, etc. over the past 3 months. Reading Topics on this forum really helped me better prepare for the PE Exam. I had failed the Exam my first time taking it in October 2014, but I am 99% sure that I passed it last Friday! The morning portion of the Exam had a lot of theory questions, which I am not too good at, but I feel as if I got 26-30 out of the 40 correct. For the Transportation PM portion, I probably got 32-36 (or more) correct! I figure that both low figures, which give me a minimum total of 58 correct, is enough to pass.

I don't know whether it was a difference in the questions from October to April, or the updated specifications for the Transportation PM portion in April 2015 (or a combination of both), but I am thankful that there were multiple problems from the MUTCD, HCM, and Green Book, where if you knew where to look, most of the problems were easy to solve within 1-2 minutes.

To anyone who will be taking the Civil PE Transportation Exam in October 2015, I strongly recommend using this Forum and its topics for guidance. Also, a big help for me was really getting familiar with the MUTCD, HCM, and Green Book. Not only knowing generally where things are, but tabbing those 3 books out, and using highlighting/underlining of equations, tables, exhibits that are frequently used in sample problems. Getting familiar with these 3 books did far more for me in preparation than working extra sample problems ever would have. There are always many problems on the actual exam that never appear in sample exams (whether NCEES, Civil Engineering Academy, or any other third party). Get to know those books!

Thanks again to everyone, and I will be sure and post again to this Topic with a screen shot of my passing result from My NCEES account in about 6 weeks to confirm with you all that I did indeed pass the test!

[SIZE=11pt]Congratulation,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Great job on passing the PE exam.[/SIZE]

Back