All the Best mates.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itinerant

Red John
Reaction score
Alright Gladiators time to get ready and face your worst fears and kill them all. Get ready !!

On a serious note, all the hard work, countless nights of little sleep or early mornings, no weekends, getting a slight taste of what ascetic life it will end in another 24 hours.

So from all those who have been there & done that we wish you All the Best. Best of luck .

May your endless herculean efforts come to fruition with two alphabets next to your name. P.E. (full form which not many people outside the engg world may know)

Well, it's all over. Now, we wait... Anyone have a link to the stages one goes through as the wait? - not sure which I'm in.

One thing's for sure - I didn't know what to do with myself today with no studying to be done. Took a very long nap this afternoon.

Welcome to phase 1 of the post-exam emotional roller-coaster.

Phase 2 (second-guessing) will start to set in over the next few days. You will start to forget small (but important) pieces of the exam and forget how you answered the question, but will remember just enough so that you keep trying to re-calculate the answers in your head. You will slowly begin to convince yourself that you got it wrong.

Phase 3 (worry) will follow within a few weeks. At this point, you've convinced yourself that you've missed a few problems, but you *should* still be ok.

After worring for about a month (we're now within a couple weeks of results at this point), you'll jump into full blown doubt (Phase 4). You are now certain that you missed way too many questions to stand a chance at passing.

Many people begin to formulate ways to calculate the cut-score. This is a sub-Phase that can happen any time between Phase 2 and Phase 4.

Once you've lost hope of passing, you'll move into Phase 5 (anger) over the fact that it's taken way too **** long to grade a simple scantron and the guys at NCEES are morons for taking so long. I mean, really, 6-8 weeks to feed a scantron into a f*ing machine, COME ON!! Another source of anger stems from all of the "Not this **** again" and "Don't try to calc it because it's worthless" responses to all of your cut-score posts.

Finally, you'll hit Phase 6 (results). Each person reacts differently at this point whether they passed or not, how many times they've taken it, financial implications, expectations, etc. Regardless of how the results come out, at this point you will find that the CAB of your choice is very welcomed to either celebrate or cry into.

Also, please remember that all of the senior members have been through this all and consequently will endlessly torment and tease you. We do this simply because it was done to us (I remember going off on Capt Worley for one of his fake results threads back in 2008), and we hope that you all stick around to tease the next round of exam takers. There is nothing personal meant or implied with these teases, we're just trying to lighten the mood.

All we can do to manage these feelings is to fully participate in the eb.com post-exam thread (typically the 10k, but may be different this year). Good luck, and we all look forward to meeting many new interesting (and hopefully equally disturbed) engineers and hope you all stick around to see what a fun and entertaining group we can actually be.

Thanks man. Anyone think they second guessed themselves checking their work and changed a correct answer to a wrong one... Not sure if this counts as stage 2 yet... Still feeling moderately OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phase 2 is when the nightmares begin. As the months go by they occur less often.

I had a nightmare last night. There was a sheet of paper listing those who need to repeat the exam due to not passing. There were only 3 names and mine was one of them.

I had a nightmare last night. There was a sheet of paper listing those who need to repeat the exam due to not passing. There were only 3 names and mine was one of them.

You should be happy that there were two other names. This can go anyways going forward, you will either see other names being added to the list or the list starts to shrink. Anyways, just hope to get over it.

I remember struggling with a really simple question on the exam in October, reworked it about 5 times and wasn't getting close. Finally just guessed. Got home and realized within 5 minutes of reflection that it was asking for psi and I had not converted from psf. Felt pretty stupid then, but passed anyway.

I remember struggling with a really simple question on the exam in October, reworked it about 5 times and wasn't getting close. Finally just guessed. Got home and realized within 5 minutes of reflection that it was asking for psi and I had not converted from psf. Felt pretty stupid then, but passed anyway.
When in doubt, divide by 144. Or multiply by 144.

When in doubt, divide by 144. Or multiply by 144.
to get lineal feet. right?

Back