Sample Reference Form / Reference Letter

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Triscut

Reaction score
Hello,

One of my references has requested a sample PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER ENGAGEMENT RECORD AND REFERENCE FORM, and sample reference letter if necessary. Does the BOARD FOR PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERS, LAND SURVEYORS, AND GEOLOGISTS expect references to write a letter, or just briefly explain why they filled in certain options on the the form? This engineer doesn't work with me, but had reviewed my work on multiple occasions, so he would check the reviewed work box and have to explain what work of mine he has reviewed I assume, but should he go beyond that?

Thank you.

You should be able to find this on your state board's website. What state are you referring to?

Yes, I am applying in California. I hadn't seen the first link, so that will be useful. I will just tell him to give what information is requested and to not worry about writing a full letter to accompany the form.

Thanks for the help.

For the professional engineering engagement record and reference form part B, is it okay to be printed by the reference? or it must be handwritten by the reference? 

the reference is to hand write in part B.  The applicant is expected to have part A and the other forms typed.

Back