Tom Henry Key Word Index and NEC Book

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kduff70

Reaction score
[SIZE=10.5pt]I find the Tom Henry Key Word Index as good aid to get to some of the NEC article quick It not a 100% effective but for a large amount of NEC question it does help me get to the article faster anybody have some opinions on this ? Is anybody else using Tom Henry’s?[/SIZE]

I am.

I use the NEC everyday at work, but I just got Tom Henry's Handbook a month ago for the exam. It's quite handy.

I don't get to use the NEC book often so when I purchase the tom henry and the CI drill book it help me get more familiar

What makes the Tom Henry superior to the index in the back of the book?

it gives you word topics that can put you in the aea to find the article sometime the index doesn’t have the key word you’re looking for and sometime Tom henry doesn’t but it sure helps highlights a lot of areas quickly in most case . I use it as a second reference but you still have to be familiar with the NEC enough to know what section you want.

I used the book during last exam and it clearly saved lot of time. if you look at the nec index, it asks you to go to a different section most of the times. Tom Henry's index is directs you to the page number which saves time.

I used the book during last exam and it clearly saved lot of time. if you look at the nec index, it asks you to go to a different section most of the times. Tom Henry's index is directs you to the page number which saves time.

What if you are using the NEC handbook. The page numbers are different than the regular code book.

Regardless, I am using an older version of the Tom Henry Key Word index I found for free on this board. I'm not sure if I'll actually use it, but I have it in my binder in case I need it.

I just called their 800 number and ordered the index for the regular code book. they also have the index for the handbook.

Back