April 2015 PE Exam MyNCEES Status: Pending Board Approval?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlee405

Reaction score
I was approved by the Georgia Board to sit for the April 2015 PE exam on 11/24/2014. I registered on NCEES 12/08/2014. However, under the 'Exam History' section on my "MyNCEES" Account, the Status is shown as "Pending Board Approval". What does this mean and is it normal?

That's normal. Depending on which section of the pgae you are referring to: it will change a couple weeks before the exam when NCEES emails you your exam authorization; or after the results of the test are released.

Good luck this April!

I was approved by the Georgia Board to sit for the April 2015 PE exam on 11/24/2014. I registered on NCEES 12/08/2014. However, under the 'Exam History' section on my "MyNCEES" Account, the Status is shown as "Pending Board Approval". What does this mean and is it normal?
I would guess that NCEES does not know that Georgia has approved you. Now that registration has closed, NCEES is probably coordinating with all of the state boards to make sure that people who have registered are actually approved.

Thanks for the replies. Also, how would the State Board know it was infact you who registered on NCEES? NCEES only asks for your name and address, it does not ask for SS#, birth date, etc. What if there was someone with a same name?

For the Texas state board asks you for your SSN when you are registering for the FE or the PE. I think they ask you to input your initials of your last name, first name last 4 of your social before they show out the results. For the board exam you are required to carry an photographic identification to the center. My case it was my license from Louisiana and since I appeared in Texas it was also necessary that I carried my passport along with me.

So I guess the boards do know what they are doing to identify that the person who registered is the one who appears on the examination.

I contacted the Georgia board a while ago and they told me that it says pending until 2 weeks before the exam date or even until after you take the exam. However, i checked the NCEES website today and my PE exam application was automatically cancelled on Monday. I guess i wasn't approved to take the exam?

I never got the approval letter from Georgia. I assumed that the mail man sent it to the wrong person, because the Georgia website says that my application was completed and approval letter was sent 11/24/2014.

I contacted the Georgia board a while ago and they told me that it says pending until 2 weeks before the exam date or even until after you take the exam. However, i checked the NCEES website today and my PE exam application was automatically cancelled on Monday. I guess i wasn't approved to take the exam?
They will generally send you a "Dear John" letter by email.

I contacted the Georgia Board. The reason i didn't get the letter is because they sent it to the wrong email address. They mistaken a 'j' for an 'i'. But anyway i was approved to sit for the exam 11/24. I called NCEES and they told me to contact Susan Thrift.

Finally had the Georgia Board open up a help ticket and they said they will email Susan Thrift that i was in fact approved to sit for the exam.

I got a call from the Georgia Board saying that they had missed/forgotten to give my name to NCEES for the April exam. They said that there is nothing they can do and I had to wait till October. The deadline was March 5th, which is why my PE exam was cancelled. I filed a complaint to the Georgia Secratary of State.

Sorry to hear that jlee. My board never posted the April 2015 application and the non-published deadline has come and gone. So I too will be waiting for October. It's a setback, but use the time wisely. Good luck.

Sorry to hear that jlee. My board never posted the April 2015 application and the non-published deadline has come and gone. So I too will be waiting for October. It's a setback, but use the time wisely. Good luck.
Seriously?! Wow that is a pretty epic fail by them. Not to mention prolonging your wait even that much longer. Yuck...

Seriously?! Wow that is a pretty epic fail by them. Not to mention prolonging your wait even that much longer. Yuck...
Unfortunately, yes, it's true. The application is still posted as "October 2014."

Man that sucks! You sound like me, I'm always slipping through the cracks. A guy I work with strongly encouraged me to call the state to confirm they had everything they needed to sit for the exam. He said they screwed him similarly and he had to wait until the next exam cycle to take the exam. There was a reference letter or something like that they didn't get and they didn't bother telling him they needed additional documentation. The person that wrote the reference letter wrote down the date they mailed the letter to the state in his journal. It's amazing how our bills never fail to show up in the mail but when a simple reference letter goes out they mysteriously disappear. When I took the FE the second time I called the state to check if they had everything and they said they didn't get all of my references. Same thing with the PE exam. Since my references all worked at the same location they sent their letters in the same envelope. One of them was on file and the others weren't. Makes no sense! My suggestion is to call the state after you think they should have everything and ask them if they have everything on file. Typically in NC, the application deadline for the April exam is January 2nd. They will send you a letter in mid January letting you know that the board has approved your application and the first week or two of February they send you a post card to tell you that your application is administratively complete. Once your application is administratively complete that is your cue to go on NCEES's website to register for the exam. I normally call the state about mid January to confirm they have everything and follow up immediately if they don't.

What the hell. That's seriously screwed up, rotten luck Matt. I guess the only 'positive' is the additional prep time you get out of this blunder.

A friend of mine who took it before me had similar issues with lost paperwork. He was applying in NJ. When he heard I was applying his advice was to call every time I sent a piece of paperwork. I followed his advice and yes, they got a bit sick of me calling, but I didn't have any probs. Lessons learned I guess.

I got a call from the Georgia Board saying that they had missed/forgotten to give my name to NCEES for the April exam. They said that there is nothing they can do and I had to wait till October. The deadline was March 5th, which is why my PE exam was cancelled. I filed a complaint to the Georgia Secratary of State.

Are they going to refund the money paid to NCEES?

Do you have documentation saying it is their fault?

Back