Mechanical Engineer living in Japan taking the PE in April

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allanford86

Reaction score
Hey everyone. My name is Allan and I'm originally from New York City. I work for the US Army Corps of Engineers and just recently applied for the PE Exam in Tokyo. After missing the NYC deadline to apply, I tried going through JPEC which is the Japanese PE society in Tokyo. I got my approval letter last week so I've began to study. Looking for any advice to take the Mechanical HVAC exam. Also, if anyone is looking for advice about applying in Japan I can offer that as well.

Thanks

Welcome to the site. Good luck on your exam.

NY-City.jpg

Ha ha, j/k. Welcome.

Hey everyone. My name is Allan and I'm originally from New York City. I work for the US Army Corps of Engineers and just recently applied for the PE Exam in Tokyo. After missing the NYC deadline to apply, I tried going through JPEC which is the Japanese PE society in Tokyo. I got my approval letter last week so I've began to study. Looking for any advice to take the Mechanical HVAC exam. Also, if anyone is looking for advice about applying in Japan I can offer that as well.

Thanks
How was that process? I may get a job over there and wondered if I don't pass the April exam would I have to come back to the states. Or does Japan have reciprocity if one is approved in the states.

Interesting... I applied for NJ state exam and they wouldn't let anyone except active duty military take the exam anywhere outside the state. NCEES said only the state of Oregon lets their exams be proctored else where.

Ill be flying back the the US just to take the exam. Good luck in Tokyo. Stay at the New Sanno- cheapest place to stay.

Back