FE CBT RESULT DIAGNOSTIC

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FETEST

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone would post their diagnostic.

I took the FE CIVIL CBT and failed.

I am studying to pass my next time. But i'm curious about my results. Do i need to get the "average" mark in every field. I had the probably and statistics that was 0/4 passed. Everything else was above or below.

Has anyone else gotten higher scores and above average in several areas and still failed?

I'm posting my result

diagnostic.PNG

Do i need to get the "average" mark in every field?
Nope.

Ideally, you want to be average or better in every category to pass, but that's not really feasible. Pick the subjects that count the most (ie Statics, Math, Geotech, H&H, Transpo ), and the subjects you excel in most, and nail those down. Then as time allows, study the other subjects based on % of test and your strengths. If you take this approach, you'll do well in most subjects and can afford to let your least favorite subjects slide and be below average.

A few threads down, another result is posted, although he's Mechanical whereas you're Civil. I'm sure there are more if you look for them.

I'll post my failing score from May 2014. I passed in July. But like you, I was above average in about 4 areas. I calculated it out to be around a 56% which was not good enough to pass. It was frustrating because I read in my PPI book that around a 50% raw score was a passing score. I felt like I got hosed on the cut-off score for that round. Oh well, I studied more and passed a few months later. It's all in the past now... On to the PE!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gc4fjveuujei53/Diagnostic.jpg?dl=0

I'll post my failing score from May 2014. I passed in July. But like you, I was above average in about 4 areas. I calculated it out to be around a 56% which was not good enough to pass. It was frustrating because I read in my PPI book that around a 50% raw score was a passing score. I felt like I got hosed on the cut-off score for that round. Oh well, I studied more and passed a few months later. It's all in the past now... On to the PE!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gc4fjveuujei53/Diagnostic.jpg?dl=0
With your results, there shouldn't be any surprise why you didn't pass. 2 out of the 3 areas that you were above average on only had 3 questions each. Everything else needed much improvement.

Glad you studied harder and got it the second time. Good luck on the PE, it's tough but doable!

I am wondering if anyone would post their diagnostic.

I took the FE CIVIL CBT and failed.

I am studying to pass my next time. But i'm curious about my results. Do i need to get the "average" mark in every field. I had the probably and statistics that was 0/4 passed. Everything else was above or below.

Has anyone else gotten higher scores and above average in several areas and still failed?

I'm posting my result
It looks like you had below average in 14 out of 18 topics. Not just the Probability and Statistics. Right?

It looks like you had below average in 14 out of 18 topics. Not just the Probability and Statistics. Right?
Thanks everyone for your posts

And yes I was below average in many areas. Probably and Statistics was obviously the worst.

I didnt expect to pass with those results. I just wasnt sure how far off I was.

I wish it was a fixed number of questions needed.

Thanks everyone for your posts

And yes I was below average in many areas. Probably and Statistics was obviously the worst.

I didnt expect to pass with those results. I just wasnt sure how far off I was.

I wish it was a fixed number of questions needed.
Really? You don't want them to adjust the passing score based on difficulty? So a difficult exam should be treated the same as an easy one? Hmm.....

I took the civil exam this past weekend and failed. It was my second time taking it. The first time I failed it in school about 5 years ago. I wanted to share my results. I am having trouble making sense of them and how to use this diagnostic to prepare for the next time I take it. It shows my worst subject was materials but the bar charts are confusing since not all subjects are equal on the exam. Can anybody gauge how close I was to passing or help me make sense of this extremely vague diagnostic report?

I took the civil exam this past weekend and failed. It was my second time taking it. The first time I failed it in school about 5 years ago. I wanted to share my results. I am having trouble making sense of them and how to use this diagnostic to prepare for the next time I take it. It shows my worst subject was materials but the bar charts are confusing since not all subjects are equal on the exam. Can anybody gauge how close I was to passing or help me make sense of this extremely vague diagnostic report?

Mike, post your report. We'll help you make sense of it. Get a free photobucket account. Upload pic. Then copy and paste the IMG tag here. Done.

Mike, post your report. We'll help you make sense of it. Get a free photobucket account. Upload pic. Then copy and paste the IMG tag here. Done.

You can post images by using the EB 'Attach Files' option... but you'll likely have to compress the image file first to meet EB's skimpy maximum file size.

Example. :)

036.JPG

You can post images by using the EB 'Attach Files' option... but you'll likely have to compress the image file first to meet EB's skimpy maximum file size.
Just let us know when members would like to start making extra contributions to allow for greater file attachment sizes. Host server storage space is not cheap. ;)

If I did the math correctly, your raw score was 57.89%. So you answered 58 questions right out of 100, which means you were 12 questions, give or take a few, away from passing. Ptatohed, you agree with this?
I'd like to see your math. NCEES says you can't calculate the number of questions answered correctly from the CBT diagnostic........

Back