October 2014 Electrical Power - Pass Rate

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we have the previous/past PE-Power pass rates? It would be nice to see the comparison of pass rates from the previous exams...

Wow, 68% to 63% for first time takers and 43% to 32% for repeats seems like a pretty big dip, considering the sample size. I would expect swings like this If we were talking a few dozen people, but not a thousand. Guess it shows that the October exam this year really was a monster.

Actually it shows that people are creatures of habit and instead of doing something different after failing they just did MORE of the same and got the same result...

Uhh, no, that's not really what it shows at all. Like I said, the pass rates were lower across the board, both for first time and repeat takers compared to the April exam. And if the second time takers were doing everything exactly the same, I would expect the failure rate to be more or less the same as well.

Uhh, no, that's not really what it shows at all. Like I said, the pass rates were lower across the board, both for first time and repeat takers compared to the April exam. And if the second time takers were doing everything exactly the same, I would expect the failure rate to be more or less the same as well.

Yeah, exactly. I don't know if Mike didn't read your post or what...

It's pretty clear that pass rate was down across the board. 5% for first-timers and 11% for repeat takers. It was simply a harder exam.

Back