PA Results...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dar5052

Reaction score
So according to PCS I passed the Civil Structural but I haven't gotten anything from NCEES yet. Everyone I know from PA that took the test with me passed so I am beginning to question what is posted on PCS. Is it too early to celebrate? I already told my boss that I passed so I would hate to retract that statement.... If anyone didn't pass in PA please let us know so I can be a little more confident in what PCS is posting. Thanks!

I'm starting to worry too. I took the Environmental PE and it says I passed on PCS with it still pending on NCEES. I'm a little scared now that I celebrated too soon since I told my boss today.

You pulling my leg?? I sent an email just to rule out any false hope, still waiting to hear back. Congrats to you!

Yeah I don't have patience for waiting to hear back via email so I just called instead. Let me know if they confirm what I said.

I'm also interested in your feedback from pcs, Janizzle. Keep strong my fellow Pennsylvanians!

I emailed the PA State Board this "Can you tell me if the PA PE exam results posted in the PCS client portal are correct and when the notification will come from the PA Board, PCS, or NCEES?"

and received this response, "The board is waiting for the compilation of all scores and records. Once received, the Board will issue the certificates/licenses and they will be mailed to the licensees."

I honestly don't believe PCS would post that we passed directly to our online accounts and then change it later. If they were losing business from some states before then a screw up like that would solidify that they lose every state. Also, I heard from a colleague that failed. So if you thought they erroneously posted that everyone passed then let that ease your mind a bit.

I found out Monday night that I passed but as like all of you see nothing on NCEES yet. I am sure our licenses will come eventually.

I honestly don't believe PCS would post that we passed directly to our online accounts and then change it later. If they were losing business from some states before then a screw up like that would solidify that they lose every state. Also, I heard from a colleague that failed. So if you thought they erroneously posted that everyone passed then let that ease your mind a bit.
Agreed.

Haha, I'd be happy to blame Corbett! No reply back from PCS yet, but I finally sent the email to let my friends know we can celebrate!

[SIZE=medium]Just received this response from PCS..."The PA board must approve the release of the grades before PCS can give NCEES the okay to release them, and this has not happened yet. The scores that you can see on your PCS profile are unofficial at this time. NCEES will email you once your official scores are available."[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Just received this response from PCS..."The PA board must approve the release of the grades before PCS can give NCEES the okay to release them, and this has not happened yet. The scores that you can see on your PCS profile are unofficial at this time. NCEES will email you once your official scores are available."[/SIZE]

Boo!!! I wonder if they'll have it done by Christmas? Is this the way it always goes?

Very diplomatic response on their end regarding results being "official" but think about it... They're not going to change your status to "Pass" if there's any doubt. I know people whom show "Pass", "Fail" and even some that show "Pending". With the ridiculous process we all went through to take the test, I'm sure they keep their stuff in order.

Yeah they obviously have the results but they aren't approved yet so they can't say that's the final score. I don't know why the board would not approve the results and then go changing everyone's results. The results came from ncees and the board just needs to say yes so as far as I'm concerned, we passed.

I just checked the October '13 Exam Results page and for PA, it sounds exactly the same as what we're going through now. They didn't get the records listed on NCEES until January! And then they eventually got the licensing information in the mail. So I guess we'll just have to trust the PCS for now! I guess it's kind of like "official" vs. "unofficial" transcripts. Good enough for me!

1. Nowhere on their site does it say the results shown are unofficial. So there is no way of knowing that unless you asked. If I were them and there was a chance those scores could change, I would not bank on people asking.

2. What's the point of posting them if they're "Unofficial"? To mess with our emotions? As bad as they are I don't believe they would do that.

3. Another coworker of mine said this exact same thing happened last October when he passed. It will probably take another month before we're "official" in terms of license numbers and such.

I still say we're good to go.

1. Nowhere on their site does it say the results shown are unofficial. So there is no way of knowing that unless you asked. If I were them and there was a chance those scores could change, I would not bank on people asking.

2. What's the point of posting them if they're "Unofficial"? To mess with our emotions? As bad as they are I don't believe they would do that.

3. Another coworker of mine said this exact same thing happened last October when he passed. It will probably take another month before we're "official" in terms of license numbers and such.

I still say we're good to go.
I say we are good also. But they are definitely messing with my emotions a bit.

Not to add to the confusion,

I wrote an email to PCS:

"I took the October 2014 Mechanical PE exam in Pennsylvania. According to the PCS website, I passed; however, I’ve yet to receive any confirmation via NCEES. My questions are as follows:

1. When can I expect the results to be released to NCEES and/or State Board?

2. Are the results posted on PCS the “Official” results? Or is there any other validation or approval (on behalf of PCS, NCEES, and or State Board) which still needs to take place? In other words: are the results on PCS contingent upon further review/ approval from any of the other entities listed above?"

Their response:

"At this time the official scores have not been released. The board and PCS are still reconciling all scores. The scores reflecting on your PCS account are unofficial until the board approves the scores. This can take some time but we hope to officially release the scores in the next couple of weeks. Once the scores are official, NCEES will send you an email and PCS will as well with any further instructions if needed. "

Not sure what is meant by "reconciling".

Back