Please consider a DONATION if EngineerBoards helped you

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dleg

Spammer Emeritus
Reaction score
Congratulations to all who passed, and best of luck to all who did not! Either way, please consider a donation to Engineer Boards (through link on front page, upper right) to help keep this forum alive and independent.

There was a time when the only places to talk and vent about the exams were publisher-owned websites, who patrolled their forums with iron fists (and zero sense of humor). Those days sucked, and are what prompted the creation of EB. Unfortunately the costs of hosting EB have risen, especially this season with record participation from all of you.

So please help keep this place independent, by donating whatever you feel this site has been worth to you.

Dleg,

PE class of October, 2006

For many of us, EB ha

That's correct - that's his name, and it's totally legit. I promise!

meme+130.png

Dleg is right. Please donate. We've all benefited from EB.com. Let's help keep it open for those to come.

And by the way, I donated today, even though I passed many years ago.

What's the best nation in the world?

A donation.

Yesterday, the cost to run this place has doubled. The amount of traffic that has been on the board the past two weeks just pushed Engineer Boards into the next pricing bracket and that value is close to $400 per month. It was close to $200 per month just a week ago. There are some other expenses as well. Road Guy (Mike) has been paying out of pocket a few hundred dollars per year to keep this board afloat, now we're basically asking him to pay a few thousand dollars a year out of pocket. Keep that in mind. He has a family too.

Options are:

1. Charge membership fees

2. Charge more for advertisement

3. Sell the board

4. Close it down

5. Rely on donations

Just did yesterday. This community has been very helpful to me over the last couple of weeks and I'd love to see it stick around for future exam takers.

Back