I took the PE in IL but my EIT License in KS has been cancelled. Did I pass?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe you can hold an EIT in one state and a PE in another (hence the need for comity rules). But not sure....

That could be a good sign!

Let me check mine too. EIT in MD, hoping for a PE in VA.

I'm still listed in MD. I hope that is not a sign.
I wouldn't think so--- I think even if the 'rules' are the same for MD & VA, you would still have to apply for a PE in MD in order to cancel out your EIT in MD. For example my EIT in NC- I will have an EIT in NC until I apply for PE in NC.

I checked the IL board to see if an EIT was listed for me there but there was nothing. Maybe i'm trying to hard to make this seem like i passed

I took the FE in Vermont and took the PE in New York. Part of the application process required Vermont basically ceding my FE license to NY. If I remember correctly, there was a form provided specifically for out of state FE licensees to transfer to it to the state where they wished to take the PE.

Did you not fill out this form? If you didn't, you may simply have to call your state board and provide it...

That should be sufficient NukeEng. The FE state basically needs to submit proof that you've taken and passed the FE.

This form was not a requirement when I registered for the PE in VA. VA simply asked for a copy of the license, which was sent directly from MD's DLLR.

Honestly, my EIT can stay where it is, I don't think it is a big deal. I will be getting reciprocity for my PE, though.

I emailed KS and they said it was a glitch in the system and that they would reinstate it

Back