Virginia Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amac & I are waiting with you...AMac said a coworker got their VA results last night about 7:40 ish I think---come on VA!

I think that AMac was referring to a previous year since that was posted prior to 7:40PM.

Not like I have been watching the board obsessively for signs of VA results or anything...

Yep, I was talking about a year ago. Just interesting that he got his results well after business hours!

I could be wrong, but didn't Virginia release the results like around 9-10 days after NCEES released them last year (October 2013 PE exam)? I thought I saw a map a couple of days ago that someone posted here on this site showing VA being one of the last states to release the results. I hope I am wrong.

I also saw someone saying that based on previous results for the Fall exam, the results are usually Monday or Tuesday, so I hope we get them today not next week :( .

Is it just me, or does it seem like more states are releasing in the first couple days than had previously?

I just called Virginia Board and they told me NCEES would notify of the results and that the board doesn't have anything to do with the release of the results.

Found this from ncees website:

Update on October 2014 exam results

December 16, 2014
All of the October 2014 exam results have been released to NCEES member licensing boards. PS results were released on November 25. PE and SE results were released on December 15.

How and when examinees receive their results will vary by state. Some boards use NCEES Exam Administration Services to release the results directly to examinees; some release them through another testing service such as PCS; and other boards release the results themselves. In addition, some state boards must validate the results at a board meeting before they can release them to examinees.

OK:

PCS still has a blank box next to "Scores Received" in my account

VADPOR license lookup still no change

No email

NCEES no change

Did poosri followup and call NCEES or online chat with them?

What's the holdup if NCEES does it?

PCS tells NCEES it's ok to release the results. What the hell PCS does with the results that takes so much time is beyond me. Don't expect the "Scores Received" box to change.

Yes, I had a chat with ncees. Nothing new - the agent said results released to all the states and only VA board has to notify us. Not sure what is going on.

It looks like Oklahoma is in the same finger pointing we are in with our board....We must be patient and wait on the emails to come out from NCEES....I am checking the PCS as a precaution- even though the NCEES website says VA will release via NCEES....I bet PCS is mad cause we dropped them for next year.

Found this from ncees website:

Update on October 2014 exam results December 16, 2014

All of the October 2014 exam results have been released to NCEES member licensing boards. PS results were released on November 25. PE and SE results were released on December 15.

How and when examinees receive their results will vary by state. Some boards use NCEES Exam Administration Services to release the results directly to examinees; some release them through another testing service such as PCS; and other boards release the results themselves. In addition, some state boards must validate the results at a board meeting before they can release them to examinees.
In April, I could see on the meeting schedule, when that validation meeting was going to occur so that pretty much told us when results were coming in. This time, they no longer show the Board meeting agendas online so I have no clue when that validation meeting is going to take place.

You are right!! "I bet PCS is mad cause we dropped them for next year. " so may be we wont have it until next week then...

I think that AMac was referring to a previous year since that was posted prior to 7:40PM.

Not like I have been watching the board obsessively for signs of VA results or anything...
OK good then I can calm down- thanks for catching that Starboard!!!

Back