Florida Results - Page 8 - OCT 2014 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Lmartinez30

Florida Results

Found this on the fbpe.org website:

The Board will initiate the final steps for licensing you as a professional engineer. The process of entering the scores, assigning license numbers, and issuing the license card and wall certificate takes eight to ten weeks. You may check the status of your license by visiting https://www.myfloridalicense.com/viewapps.asp?SID= to access the licensure database of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation or by email atPEandFEexamquestions@fbpe.org Once your record reflects a license number, your wallet card and wall certificate will follow.

Seriously, some of y'all are still waiting? I hope you find out soon, and good luck.

I think now we just wait for FBPE to finalize our licensure information. I believe our license number and such will show up on MyFloridaLicense first, and then the certificate will follow in the mail. Once we have a license number I think that's all we need to order our stamps and new business cards! In case you haven't seen it, there's a couple paragraphs about what happens after passing on the board's site: http://www.fbpe.org/licensure/ncees-exam-information

Just a head's up, now we'll have to take an advanced building code course before we're allowed to file plans for permitting. I'm sure that'll affect some of you.

Personally, I would wait until my license number is assigned before putting PE behind my name. It's only a couple more weeks, so why risk getting in hot water now?

lol, it's that 8-10 weeks again! From stalking previous exam year threads I believe the board usually has numbers assigned by January. Somehow I think this wait will be easier than the exam results wait!

Just saw that NCEES updated my result to PASS!!! Got excited all over again. lol

Me too! It's nice to finally see that little green box that says Pass! Congrats to you!

Just saw that NCEES updated my result to PASS!!! Got excited all over again. lol

I just checked it on NCEES to make sure nobody is just trolling me with the email.

I received my Pass notification from NCEES this morning! Never heard from FBPE.

JUST found out about the SE and I passed! I AM DONE WITH ENGINEERING EXAMS!!!!

Congratulations! That's a huge accomplishment! :beerchug:

I still have that exam looming over my head, but for now I'm trying not to think about it too much and just enjoy being an ordinary PE!

Could be that the FBPE email got filtered as spam. It might be worth the trouble to look into that so you can receive emails from them in the future.

Hey all,

I just spoke with FBPE and wanted to give you guys the head's up that if you plan on signing and sealing anything in connection with a building as a delegated engineer (for instance precast calcs/plans) then you'll need to take an advanced Florida Building Code course and submit a copy of the certificate to the board--even if someone else is the EOR for the overall project. You'll also have to wait until you're issued a license number before taking the course.

Hope this helps clarify things in case anyone else was wondering.

That I don't know. The way I interpret the statute is that if you do engineering work on something that's covered by the FBC, then you're required to take a course on a portion of the code that's applicable to your area of practice. From a quick glance at the table of contents I didn't see anything regarding site drainage or roadways, but you might want to confirm with the board whether or not you'll need it too.

Here's a link to the statute and the FBC if you want to take a look and decide for yourself:

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0400-0499/0471/Sections/0471.0195.html

http://ecodes.biz/ecodes_support/Free_Resources/2010Florida/2010Florida_main.html

Congratulations to ALL that passed!! See link on HOME PAGE, visit ENGINEERSEALS.COM or call us at 972-709-0791

TO ORDER YOUR STAMP OR SEAL TODAY!!

Most orders ship same day if ordered before noon, Central Standard Time.

post-29070-0-41839800-1418681867_thumb.j