Connecticut Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke to her today on a different topic. She said they were putting together additional information for the notification emails such as how to re-register and how to complete the license so they wouldn't get a lot of calls. Wish they would just release the scores! She told me it would be soon but I was thinking tomorrow at the earliest.

Yeah, nothing would stop them from sending a follow up email of information a few days later. That kind of information doesn't have to go out with the scores.

Yeah, nothing would stop them from sending a follow up email of information a few days later. That kind of information doesn't have to go out with the scores.

It kind of does. As soon as people get their results, they're wondering what the next step is. I just wish they had it prepared and ready to go already!

I'd also throw out there that if that is all that the CT board is willing to tell people, they're still going to get a bunch of calls. I've been watching this show for 8 years. Boards that release early, provide the most information, and don't give canned responses have virtually nobody posting about calling them. The boards that are vague, contradictory, and later than everybody else have usually 20-30 people posting about calling, what the conversations were about, their frustrations, etc.

BOARDS - if you care, pay attention here.

I'd also throw out there that if that is all that the CT board is willing to tell people, they're still going to get a bunch of calls. I've been watching this show for 8 years. Boards that release early, provide the most information, and don't give canned responses have virtually nobody posting about calling them. The boards that are vague, contradictory, and later than everybody else have usually 20-30 people posting about calling, what the conversations were about, their frustrations, etc.

Also their first time not going through PCS, right? Might be a bit of a learning curve. I tend to give Barbara and co. the benefit of the doubt as they were really helpful during my application process for the SE exam...totally different than what I experienced in my home state of NJ for the PE.

There should be a licensing process that takes years for the Licensing Board employees so they will feel the urgency to release the results.

Also their first time not going through PCS, right? Might be a bit of a learning curve. I tend to give Barbara and co. the benefit of the doubt as they were really helpful during my application process for the SE exam...totally different than what I experienced in my home state of NJ for the PE.
I have never uttered a bad word against Barbara or the CT board. I'm just being honest. I've watched results roll in every six months for almost a decade and I have seen which boards get inundated with calls and emails and which ones don't. These are just simple observations. I have had nothing but a positive experience with Barbara when I've talked to her on the phone getting my PE license through comity and then applying for the LS and various exams. Thanks for being the defender of the board, but it isn't really necessary.

Looks like I'll be returning to CT for some more fun. Passed SE vertical but not lateral. Congrats to those who are done! And keep your head up to those who aren't.

Back