In Summary?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msjesskessler

Reaction score
Can someone who has been following all the threads please summarize what is being thrown around on all the other boards regarding results. There was a lot being thrown around...

- Graphite used in pencils is messing with machines and NCEES is hand grading everything. Since this is an error prone method NCEES is double checking everything. Results are delayed at least one more month.

-NCEES had a meeting a week ago in order to finalize the Petroleum Engineering exam with a question related to Fracking. This will result in significant delays since this question was seriously contested on the NCEES website. Since the Petroleum Engineering exam grading is being delayed all exams are delayed.

-At some point it seems the North Koreans got a hold of the NCEES server and are causing a delay.

-PCS is going to delay the results after NCEES grades them so they can perform the rigorous verification required for "legalities."

-NCEES is going to ask a consortium of engineering business leaders to verify the correct amount of engineers needed this year. In order to prevent a lawyer "BAR" style saturation of the market.

-Anonymous has claimed the NCEES server and will not deliver results until the Eric Garner grand jury files are relased.

-NCEES takes into account the number of F5 refresh on their servers. The more F5 the less prone to release the results.

- Graphite used in pencils is messing with machines and NCEES is hand grading everything. Since this is an error prone method NCEES is double checking everything. Results are delayed at least one more month.

-NCEES had a meeting a week ago in order to finalize the Petroleum Engineering exam with a question related to Fracking. This will result in significant delays since this question was seriously contested on the NCEES website. Since the Petroleum Engineering exam grading is being delayed all exams are delayed.

-At some point it seems the North Koreans got a hold of the NCEES server and are causing a delay.

-PCS is going to delay the results after NCEES grades them so they can perform the rigorous verification required for "legalities."

-NCEES is going to ask a consortium of engineering business leaders to verify the correct amount of engineers needed this year. In order to prevent a lawyer "BAR" style saturation of the market.

-Anonymous has claimed the NCEES server and will not deliver results until the Eric Garner grand jury files are relased.

-NCEES takes into account the number of F5 refresh on their servers. The more F5 the less prone to release the results
Nicely done !!!

Nothing is verified until ncees sends out the email. Other than that, a whole lot of fun from those who passed before us. So put on some boots and join the party.

I got up with my boots strapped---I figured NCEES was using the boot strap method of quantitative analysis, so why not be themed for a day....

yes great summary/recap! F5 here we go---

So has it been confirmed that we'll get our results before the April '15 candidates, or should we take it again to be on the safe side?

So when the guy said that the petroleum meeting wrapped up early. Was he making that up? I'm trying to figure out what's real or imaginary.

All I know is I'm **** glad I'm not a petroleum guy! If I found out the exam I'm taking is being heavily contested, I'd be as nervous as fresh meat in a prison cell.

So has it been confirmed that we'll get our results before the April '15 candidates, or should we take it again to be on the safe side?
Better to be safe than sorry. Lol

So when the guy said that the petroleum meeting wrapped up early. Was he making that up? I'm trying to figure out what's real or imaginary.

Everything was going fine until they realized that new year's eve fell on the 31st this year. The system went haywire after that.

All I know is I'm **** glad I'm not a petroleum guy! If I found out the exam I'm taking is being heavily contested, I'd be as nervous as fresh meat in a prison cell.
Yeah. I prefer KY over petroleum too.

Everything was going fine until they realized that new year's eve fell on the 31st this year. The system went haywire after that.
After Thanksgiving being on a Thursday, and Election day on a Tuesday, they never expected for New Years Eve to be on the 31st.

I took the pe power exam. It sucked. I just want my ncees fail letter christmas present so i can enjoy the rest of the holidays

Last edited by a moderator:

After Thanksgiving being on a Thursday, and Election day on a Tuesday, they never expected for New Years Eve to be on the 31st.
Exactly. **** calender is screwing everything up this year.

I think this is SOP. Aren't there new civil specifications for next April? So won't there be a cut score meeting for that?

I think this is SOP. Aren't there new civil specifications for next April? So won't there be a cut score meeting for that?
I'm sure they will. But that doesn't pertain to the October 2014 cut score. That's what NCEES is meeting about now for the petroleum guys.

I'm sure they will. But that doesn't pertain to the October 2014 cut score. That's what NCEES is meeting about now for the petroleum guys.
Your using the phrase, "heavily contested" led me to believe you think there is an issue and I was trying to point out this seems like normal stuff that goes on behind the scenes.

I do know this becuz I have an ex bf whose ex gf's new bf works at NCEES- he verified to her to him to me that yes the mechanical pencils had the wrong lead and that's why results are late...

Back