Late results.... A good sign or a bad one?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIPE

Reaction score
I am sure all answer sheets are now marked and the manually marked samples are done by now as well. The more the exam is difficult, the more they become undecided about the cut score. There October exam was diffictult in many deciplines, which will need more time for them to come up with a cut score that does not look too funky.

The cut score they are deciding upon is for Petroleum Engineers. Civils like myself can care less about their cut score.

Late results: good or bad you better start shopping for strollers and car seats

The cut score they are deciding upon is for Petroleum Engineers. Civils like myself can care less about their cut score.

now now, everyone should care about the cut scores of all the exams... after all you people are designing the world around us
I'm a grumpy ass. I just want my test result. I mean, I hope everyone passes but I don't care what the cut score is.

now now, everyone should care about the cut scores of all the exams... after all you people are designing the world around us
I'm a grumpy ass. I just want my test result. I mean, I hope everyone passes but I don't care what the cut score is.
I hear you, same feeling here. Time to hunt down some petroleum engineers lol...

they are not late, btw.
If the results are not released the Monday after the test, they are deemed late. We do not pay any attention to their suggested time line.

It's a scantron... I understand a week or so for the analysis and cut score magic... and then another week for the logistics of gathering all of the exams from across the country. MAYBE - and this is a stretch - MAYBE another week to distribute the scores appropriately - 4 weeks MAX. Anything more is absurd. In my book they are 2 weeks late already. But, I guess we're kinda at their mercy for now.

It's a scantron... I understand a week or so for the analysis and cut score magic... and then another week for the logistics of gathering all of the exams from across the country. MAYBE - and this is a stretch - MAYBE another week to distribute the scores appropriately - 4 weeks MAX. Anything more is absurd. In my book they are 2 weeks late already. But, I guess we're kinda at their mercy for now.
relax. you'll get what you want soon enough. at this point, what's a few more days.

Well, sometimes when she's late the couple is excited. Other times, they are shitting their pants at the thought of becoming parents. It's really all about perspective.

Well, sometimes when she's late the couple is excited. Other times, they are shitting their pants at the thought of becoming parents. It's really all about perspective.
Been on both sides of that statement so I understand the analogy. Truth be told, whether you are ready or not the answer is coming when it comes and there ain't nothing you can do to change that. So, just crack open a cold one and chill.

Registration for the April 2015 exam opens Monday (12/8).

Good thing NCEES isn't too busy to delay that.

Maybe we all need to send them another bs $100 administration fee to click a button.

I was prepared to take one for the team this weekend and went to NCEES's headquarters to confront them. I was going to get to the bottom of this cut score conspiracy and find out why it takes so long to get the results. They have a massive 20' tall reinforced concrete wall around the place lined with razor wire, cameras everywhere, and snipers along the wall. I could also hear dogs barking on the other side of the wall. There was a small mote near the wall and I noticed there was bacon hanging on the wall just out of reach. I know how those sneaky people are. They want you to try and get the bacon and forget about the exam. There was **** cotton mouths in the mote and I was prepared to go all Bruce Lee on them but I don't do snakes. Sorry guys you'll just have to wait.

they are not late, btw.
I was sort of thinking the same thing. I know I haven't paid as much attention to the results release date the past few years but I know when I took it I wasn't expecting to see any results before Christmas. I was pleasantly surprised when they came out on 12/17 that year. In a way maybe it deprived me of the torment of waiting.

Back