Impact of PCS on PE Results (42 days and counting)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondebedhead

Reaction score
Three Questions,

1. Is there a negative impact in terms of delays (relative term, folks) for having PCS as a middle man?

2. Where should I look for my results, NCEES or PCS website?

3. In relation to other states that don’t utilize PCS, do NJ results come before or after other states (related to the first question I guess!)

Three Questions,

1. Is there a negative impact in terms of delays (relative term, folks) for having PCS as a middle man? Absolutely. We've even created a corresponding emoticon for it. See below.

:pcs:

2. Where should I look for my results, NCEES or PCS website? My guess is PCS since back in the day, results were mailed to recipients directly from PCS. However, it might also be the case where PCS "validates" the score, then indicates to NCEES to have it posted to the corresponding test-taker's account? :dunno:

3. In relation to other states that don’t utilize PCS, do NJ results come before or after other states (related to the first question I guess!) In general, non-PCS states tend to release results about a week or so before those states that do use PCS. Total BS (see comment 1 above... ;) )

1 and 3. Pcs Releases middle of the pack

2. Press F5

1. YES

2. Typically the PCS updates first

3. usually middle of the line

EDIT :pcs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Three Questions,

1. Is there a negative impact in terms of delays (relative term, folks) for having PCS as a middle man?

3. In relation to other states that don’t utilize PCS, do NJ results come before or after other states (related to the first question I guess!)

To my best knowledge...feel free to correct me if I am wrong:

1) Yes for State Board to Update - No for results from NCEES

2) NCEES - once you get the email from them

3) Yes -PCS = MUUUCCCCHHH slower

To my knowledge all PE takers receive their NCEES emailed results approximately the same time - however your state can take much longer.

So you will know if you passed...but you won't be licensed until your state processes the results.

Three Questions,

To my best knowledge...feel free to correct me if I am wrong:

1) Yes for State Board to Update - No for results from NCEES

2) NCEES - once you get the email from them

3) Yes -PCS = MUUUCCCCHHH slower

To my knowledge all PE takers receive their NCEES emailed results approximately the same time - however your state can take much longer.

So you will know if you passed...but you won't be licensed until your state processes the results.
Bolded text in red is not true. Results are slower.... much... much... much... much... much... much... slower. But the good news is PCS got fired from Connecticut and Maryland.

Last cycle April PCS for MD is fast but then I think they lost the contract as middleman for PE MD this year..not sure how or who are proctors this year

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks folks; I have both PCS and NCEES in the bookmarks...

So far, I have gotten away without paying much attention to the results because I was just trying to catch up on my social life after three-four months of hiatus but last few days have been tough and I have been checking the websites daily; at least twice a day. Checking my e-mail on my phone to see if there is an e-mail that says results are in!!!!

I remember last year when I took the FE; I couldn't type my password for NCEES because my hands were shaking so bad. I took me three attempts to type it correctly. I think I am getting to that point again!!! I hope results are the same like last year.

from NJ, right? I would point out that since the above information is all similar (and based on my personal experiences) NJ via the PCS won't release scores until AT LEAST the middle to end of next week.

Back