Engineer Boards
​ ​
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chrizpah

A PE Raise

PS: taxes suck

Yeah. It is true. It is a shame that instead of 2k on my next they are not 350.00 on my next 26 checks. But I am OK. 2k > 0.

Thanks to all for your congrats

My Boss did it :multiplespotting:

He got me my PE bonus so my next check will show an extra $2,000(minus taxes) but he did it. First good thing happening to me in a while. Hope it is a beginning of a positive streak so this time I will say it.... :multiplespotting:

AWESOME!!! VERY NICE!!!!! :multiplespotting::multiplespotting::multiplespotting:

On the note of reviews, my company has all it's reviews in February but this year they seemed to not be doing reviews. Then on Feb. 21 I was asked into my boss's office and was told that the company was going through some layoffs and I was the first to go. When I asked why one of the hires in the last 6-12 months were not going first, I was told that it costs too much to keep the experienced people on staff. Does that make any sense?!?!? How long does it take before one of the new hires even knows how to complete a permit application. Well I guess I'm off to find a better job.

Oh man, that's a bummer. Sorry to hear that jrsc. It doesn't make any sense at all. If they have any kind of reputation as a good engineering firm it's going to go out the window once they lose all their experienced people. Good luck finding something else.

That's great news Luis! Congrats!