Cheers...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kpf

Reaction score
To the end of a job search that took way way way too long! The job market is still a pretty rough place to be these days...

kpf

Welcome.. California is nice, but there's no place like Colorado.

Just watch out for Dex.

Why not, the hippies will welcome another pseudo brethren!

In any case, congrats on the position and good luck with the move.

lots of anti-California and anti-texas people here...

what the locals here tell me is that during the dot.com boom they can here by the ten of thousands, drove up real estate costs, injected a new passion for liberalism and then basically started complaining that traffic sucks and fracking was bad..

a few tell me there were some benefits to the CA friends, modern restaurants, more active participation in getting school system upgraded (CO is last in the nation in education funding- not sure what the financial formula is they use), but just yesterday I went to starbucks early (we were out of coffee at home) some folks in a range rover almost ran over some 30'somethings (typical CO yuppies) riding to starbucks, after some words were exchanged, about half the people on the "porch" recognized the range rover as having a California plate and several chants of "go back to California you asshole" erupted.. as the range rover spead away through the parking lot and almost ran over some other people in the process..

Of course I jumped in with my southern accent and added a "Ya'll need to learn to drive"

but in all reality the burbs are full of transplants, I imagine the trendy areas downtown are worse, we have met very few "natives"

And don't tell people your coming from California........
Yep... I'm aware. Though not a Californian by choice. A Californian only due to exile from Washington after the global economic meltdown. Two years I've been trying to escape!

Congrats, I hope you like your job so far and you still have it.. I just found a job after 3 longs months of searching.. cheers

Back