What state are you waiting for?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was good with the wait up until Friday, but it is just plain painful this week. Anyway... my State is Maine.

I am resorting to chat rooms to get me through the last leg.... In some way, seeing some new posts once in a while tends to relieve the anxiety....LOL

I was good with the wait up until Friday, but it is just plain painful this week. Anyway... my State is Maine.

Hah, me too. We must have taken it together as there were only three of us in on Saturday, unless you only took the Friday portion.

Hah, me too. We must have taken it together as there were only three of us in on Saturday, unless you only took the Friday portion.
Haha, Yes, I am one of the three that day. Good luck man.
What are the odds. Does Maine only offer the PE and SE exams in one location statewide?

Here's another timewasting question... How many SE takers were in the room with you?

Hmmm...from what I recall on the SE Lateral:

April 2012 in Harrisburg, PA - There were 4 of us (I was the only bridge person)

April 2013 & October 2013 in Fort Worth, TX - There were about 16-18 people (again, I was the only bridge taker)

April 2014 in Fort Worth, TX - There were 13 of us (alas, I was the only bridge person)

Funny thing about being the only afternoon bridge examinee is the distress it causes the proctors. They always feel like they've made a mistake when they come to my desk and hand me my exam booklet.

I did enjoy not having hundreds of FE candidates around this time (no offense). I remember in October 2013 being accosted twice by 2 different proctors about carrying in a suitcase full of reference material. Once when I was going through the line to enter the exam room. And again as I was walking to my desk on the other side of the auditorium.

"Excuse me. You can't bring that in here."

"I'm taking the SE exam. Yes I can." [shortly followed by something muttered under my breath]

When I took vertical there were about 4 SE takers I believe. Hard to remember as those days the rooms were full of PE and survey takers as well. This April there were only three of us and the proctors were BORED.

Also, yes, Maine has only one testing location located central in the state. I live 15 minutes from the testing site so I definitely pity the people who come from southern Maine (or the one guy we had from Canada this year and a guy from Texas we had last year).

There were only 2 SE takers for me each day. There were a lot of PE takers on Friday, but Saturday was only us 2 and 2 proctors.

Minnesota, usually about 12-15 SE's, we've been getting our own room lately.

I was seat #1 both days and the proctor said he saw a lot of familiar faces. Not exactly what I wanted to hear 5 minutes before we started.

Back