NJ Certificates and License #'s?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E2R41L

Reaction score
Does anyone know typically how long it takes NJ to provide license numbers and certificates?

Wonderful. Thank you. The whole process from the beginning (including the application process) seems like a big waiting game.

Just wait. They'll lose your application, find it and then mail the license, and wall cert to the wrong address. THEN, they'll screw up your personal information. Their wonderful data entry skills transposed my ss#. Welcome to NJ

Passed the Oct. 2013 exam. Got my license but never got a wall certificate :huh: .

I remember when I got my EIT certificate they spelled my name wrong and wanted me to cross it out, write the correct spelling, and mail it back to them. I never did, lol.

I believe you still need to pay a "license activation fee" which you can't pay until they mail you the form that says how much you owe (at least that's what they do with comity applicants).

That's correct Snobum. It's not until renewal thyme that you do everything on line

I have the pleasure of adding the NJ Law Exam to the list of things I need to do before I get my license... If I get it before 2015 I'll be ecstatic.

Has anyone received anything from the state for obtaining a license number? They like to take their sweet time, don't they?

Got my form in the mail today, $80 to activate and valid through 2016. It says the wall licenses should be mailed within 14 business days.

Edit: It says licenses doesn't specify wall or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent my check in over 2 weeks ago. They still haven't cashed it (to indicate that they got it and/or are working on it)... Anyone else on the same boat? I'm not sure if I should be appalled at the incompetency of the USPS to fail to deliver a simple letter, or the State PE departement for being incompetent in general... Should have fedex'ed it, at least this way I would know who was to blame.

I sent my check in over 2 weeks ago. They still haven't cashed it (to indicate that they got it and/or are working on it)... Anyone else on the same boat? I'm not sure if I should be appalled at the incompetency of the USPS to fail to deliver a simple letter, or the State PE departement for being incompetent in general... Should have fedex'ed it, at least this way I would know who was to blame.
yes. by now, you should really be aware of how inept this office is in doing anything. Everything needs to be documented with a signature date. Even with that, they are still suspect to screwing things up. They tried telling me that they hadn't yet received the applicant and check, when I sent it Fed-Ex and tracked it. I told then when it was signed for. two hours later they called me and issued my license. Yet even after that, they still managed transpose numbers in my SS# when entering my info into their database.

I made a copy of everything I sent them as proof. I provided this during my application process and it solved things very quickly.

Back