CA wall certificates - APR 2014 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
palvarez83

CA wall certificates

I got mine in the mail today. Funny they changed the font. The names are no longer written in Old english. Perhaps it was just too gangsta! :eyebrows:

I got the wall certificate late last week and just received a wallet sized version today.

you guys get a wallet sized version?! i'd pull that thing out at restaurants, bars, etc. and say "don't worry, i'm a PE."

congrats on getting your certificates. we have to wait 12 weeks in WA.

you guys get a wallet sized version?! i'd pull that thing out at restaurants, bars, etc. and say "don't worry, i'm a PE."

congrats on getting your certificates. we have to wait 12 weeks in WA.

Yeah we get wallet sized every time we renew. However, I don't know anyone that carries it. I carried my first one for a year and then said, "no way." I don't see when you would need it.

are you guys framing it up with the pencils? lol

The "wallet" "card" is actually not really wallet sized (nor is it a card). It's like 10-20% bigger than a credit card so it doesn't fit in a typical wallet card slot. Since they're just paper anyway (the state used to give out actual hard cards I've heard), I copied mine on a copier at a reduced scale. Then, being as cheap as I am, instead of laminating it, I carefully placed clear packing tape over it. :) My first two years flew by and my first one expired this past March. I didn’t feel like re-copying, re-taping, etc., so I simply crossed off “14” and wrote “16”. In 2.25 years, I’ve used my wallet card……. thinking…….thinking……………….calculating………… still thinking........... wait....……….ummmmmmmmmmmm….................................… zero times. :/ But it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. :D

A little off topic, but I just noticed the other day that all of the text on my wall certificate is crooked. The seals and boarder is straight just the text is off. Not a big deal, I'm just glad to have it finally hanging on my office wall. Anybody else from CA have this "problem"?

A little off topic, but I just noticed the other day that all of the text on my wall certificate is crooked. The seals and boarder is straight just the text is off. Not a big deal, I'm just glad to have it finally hanging on my office wall. Anybody else from CA have this "problem"?

Yup, I just looked on the wall at my new Cali wall certificate and all of the text is at an angle (besides the border and seals). Thanks for noting this, I was happy with it before, but not anymore. My guess would be the paper was inserted into the printer incorrectly...?

Sign in to follow this