EET - PE Civil WRE Review Course - Page 4 - Prep Class / Study Material Review - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
soniahuff

EET - PE Civil WRE Review Course

Hello Engineering Community!,

NCEES registration for Oct. 2016 Exam has opened and many of you may still be deciding on the best way to spend your time and money to study for the exam. I wanted to add to this thread by expression my gratitude and recommendation for EET - specifically Nazrul and his WRE course. 

This past April, I took part in EET Webinar. I felt extremely confident in the Exam - both AM and PM - but unfortunately was dismissed for having a FitBit. I had answered about 73/80 questions and roughly 80% of the PM session answer can be directly extrapolated from the EET Binder. You cannot underestimate how important it is to have one reference source for that many questions. A lot of time can be wasted by looking thru manuals, and the EET Binder will save you time. 

The other two resources that I would highly recommend is:

- Handbook of Environmental Engineering Calculations (LEE / LIN)

-  Wastewater Engineering (METCALF / EDDY)

Once you sign up for EET, you will receive a binder with separate tabs on key topics in WRE (Hydrology, Pressure Conduits...etc). Each topic will also have practice problems. Every Saturday for about 2 months, Nazrul will walk you thru each of these topics. These online sessions are extremely helpful and open. Every Tuesday, there is a problem solving session where Nazrul will do sample problems with you and point out key areas to understand on the Exam. There are also (3) Practice Exams and (1) Simulated Exams. Overall, you're attempting 500+ practice problems. I really cannot stress enough how important it is to do as many practice problems as possible.

But.. I truly believe what differentiates EET from the other prep course is Nazrul. He doesn't just teach the Saturday classes and disappears for a week. You will always be able to reach him. If you are having lots of trouble, he may start a session just for that topic. Last cycle, many had issues with Hydrographs and he created a session just to discuss Hydrographs. He cares about his students and will work with you (even one-on-one) until you understand. 

Unfortunately, I'll have to take the exam again in October. I can say with absolute certainty that Nazrul will help you pass the exam and I look forward to joining many more of you in the October Prep cycle. 

• Like 1

I'm taking the WRE PE in April and have pretty much decided on EET for my review class. Only issue, the breadth live online webinar is full. I can still enroll in the WRE depth live online class. Has anyone had any luck with the On-demand breadth class? I passed FE with SoPE on demand and am fairly disciplined in dedicating the time. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

These are great info.  Does anyone have info for On-Demand classes?  I'm overseas and seminar is impossible to get to and webinars are at a odd time of the day. 

• Like 1

I'll start off with what everyone wants to know. The prep course I took prepared me so well for the  PE exam that I passed first time.

Here is the longer story. I signed up for the EET depth course for water recourses and environmental and the EET breadth course for civil to help prepare me for the civil pe exam. My undergrad and masters degree were both in environmental engineering so I needed some additional help on some other civil courses I never took. In addition, I was worried about the exam because I have three boys under the age of 3 (the oldest just turned 3) and I didn’t know how I would have time to study. 

What I can say is this course was better than anything I could have asked for. Nazrul is an exceptional teacher and truly cares about his students. If you commit to the course and follow its schedule and do all the problems, you will be successful on the exam. I went with the on demand course as it worked better with my young family (early mornings and late nights to not interrupt family time). It was great. 

I am so thankful for the course and the time i spent with EET preparing for my professional licensure. 

If you are on the fence, sign up. You will not regret it. It was the single best decision I made in get my PE.  Also, last fact. The Oct 2018 exam had a really low pass rate in comparison to other exams.  The EET depth course had almost a 20% higher pass rate than the NCEES average.  That alone should convince you!
  • Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:35 PM, Schoolofmines said:

I'll start off with what everyone wants to know. The prep course I took prepared me so well for the  PE exam that I passed first time.

Here is the longer story. I signed up for the EET depth course for water recourses and environmental and the EET breadth course for civil to help prepare me for the civil pe exam. My undergrad and masters degree were both in environmental engineering so I needed some additional help on some other civil courses I never took. In addition, I was worried about the exam because I have three boys under the age of 3 (the oldest just turned 3) and I didn’t know how I would have time to study. 

What I can say is this course was better than anything I could have asked for. Nazrul is an exceptional teacher and truly cares about his students. If you commit to the course and follow its schedule and do all the problems, you will be successful on the exam. I went with the on demand course as it worked better with my young family (early mornings and late nights to not interrupt family time). It was great. 

I am so thankful for the course and the time i spent with EET preparing for my professional licensure. 

If you are on the fence, sign up. You will not regret it. It was the single best decision I made in get my PE.  Also, last fact. The Oct 2018 exam had a really low pass rate in comparison to other exams.  The EET depth course had almost a 20% higher pass rate than the NCEES average.  That alone should convince you!

Thanks for the info S-o-m!  Good info!  Yup, EET is awesome!  :)  

On 1/12/2017 at 12:15 AM, Tangelo said:

These are great info.  Does anyone have info for On-Demand classes?  I'm overseas and seminar is impossible to get to and webinars are at a odd time of the day. 

Did you take on-demand? how did you like it?