EET - PE Civil WRE Review Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soniahuff

Reaction score
I need to put out my 2 cents on this review course:

http://www.eet-california.com

I took it and then took the April 2014 exam and passed my first try. This course is excellent. The professors really take the time to make sure you understand the material. They only focus on what is on the exam so you don't waste your time with everything else and concentrate on what you need to. If you take this course it forces you to prioritize your time and stick to a rigid study schedule. You end up working over 500 problems just in the depth portion!!! They also give you a simulated exam at the end of the course so you are comfortable come exam time.

One thing I really loved about this course is that they offer the Live Webinars so you can take this course from the comfort of your home/office/anywhere, as well as watch the recorded classes anytime after if you need further clarification or need to go back and review.

If you are looking for a review course, I HIGHLY recommend this one!

matt267 and others -- this is staemail.

First -- I passed and i was a first time taker.

In response to my own emails -- here is what i did and what worked for me. I took School of PE and started studying online on demand via video late November 2013. I cranked it up after Christimas and was pretty much done with all the material by middle of February. At that point i really felt that i was well set for the Breadth exam but was very concerned about the depth. I was doing Water Resources/Env depth and after going through School of PE's 12hr depth thought to myself " Is this really it". So i desperately started looking for anything out there that would give me more. I came across two resources -- one was PPI depth and the other was EET -- http://www.eet-california.com/.

I wanted material that was exam focussed and not from the Lindeburg book. I kept hearing through these boards that Lindeburg was too much in depth.

In the end i took EET Water Resources Depth. I talked with Nazrul the instructor who teaches the course and was reassured that the course was exam focussed.

And i can tell you folks -- this Water Resources Depth course was what saved me. If you study all the material and do all the work it is a SURE bet for the PM Water Resources. Now you will HAVE to do the work and Nazrul really covers a lot of material -- so it is only a sure bet if you do the work. But again not only did i do the work -- i enjoyed it. Serious -- studying for the PM section was a pleasure.

I know they also have a section focussed on the AM -- I did not do that. For the AM i went with School of PE. Yes in the end i spent a lot of $, but i was determined to take this exam only once and give it my all in that one go. The $ will pay off eventually. Also i have small kids and could not afford to lengthen the process.

Again -- I am convinced EET depth is what saved me on this exam for the PM. I guess some folks say do well in the AM and ride for the PM. I was approaching it with a mindset of do well for the AM and PM so that you have the best shot as you just do not know what kind of questions to expect.

OK --if you have questions feel free to email me.

Cheers and wish you all well.

Congrats on passing and thanks for tne input.

This review is for PE Civil Water Resources Depth Course offered by EET.

http://www.eet-california.com

I took this course with Nazrul in preparation for the Fall 2014 exam. I have a bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering with an MS in Environmental Engineering. Since I work in the environmental field, I need a PE Civil license. That being said, I was nervous about the Civil Engineering topics which I had no clue about. Given my background and with a full-time job in engineering consulting, review course was the only way I thought I could even have a chance at passing PE.

Firstly, I was very impressed with the material Nazrul provided. It was thorough with focus on exam-type questions and problems. This is a huge benefit because you don't waste time looking through material that is not required for the exam. When time is of essence, a comprehensive study binder is what you need, which is what Nazrul provided. I opted for the on-demand webinar course so I could watch the videos at my own convenience and take my time solving problems. It's a great advantage for busy professionals.

I also want to mention that Nazrul is very good at writing to you and following up. Not many instructors do this and it shows his commitment towards you. I really appreciated that.

If you want to take a review course that is exam focused, I highly recommend this course.

I haven't looked into EET ... the course is substantially cheaper than the others. $1050 for breadth and depth.

Has anyone taken the Breadth? I'm doing Transpo so I'm wondering how that course is?

I haven't looked into EET ... the course is substantially cheaper than the others. $1050 for breadth and depth.

Has anyone taken the Breadth? I'm doing Transpo so I'm wondering how that course is?
JQ,

You get my endorsement for EET. Good prices, good teachers. The owner, Dr. Ibrahim, is the coolest dude you'll ever meet. http://eet-california.com/

JQ,

You get my endorsement for EET. Good prices, good teachers. The owner, Dr. Ibrahim, is the coolest dude you'll ever meet. http://eet-california.com/
Thanks!

I guess it all depends on if work picks up the tab. I was planning to do SofPE and Mansour for the depth if they pay.

If I have to pay, I'll consider EET.

Trying to stay positive, but I don't see a Free Repeat with EET, that is a nice insurance policy to have.

JQ,

Thanks!

I guess it all depends on if work picks up the tab. I was planning to do SofPE and Mansour for the depth if they pay.

Trying to stay positive, but I don't see a Free Repeat with EET, that is a nice insurance policy to have.
From my personal experience I don't think the free repeat is necessary. If you don't get it the first time you most likely won't get it the second, third, fourth, and so on until you change your study habits. I took the SofPE up on their free repeat offer but found it to be a waste of my time because I already knew the material from when I took the class the first time. I failed my first time because I didn't study enough problems and relied solely on their notes and workshop problems. Don't do that. What worked for me was getting as many reputable study guides as I could find and blending those in with my SofPE notebooks. If I were taking the PE for the first time and was looking for a good review class I would probably take EET over SofPE. This is based on the feedback I've seen on this board and my personal experience with the SofPE. Don't get me wrong, SofPE is excellent and their instructors are all really great. I think they could tweak and add more workshop exam style questions to beef up their program. I'm not seeing/hearing much about that from EET. So if you're on the fence I'd try EET. They offer a stronger depth section than the SofPE and you need to do well on both AM and PM if you want to pass. SofPE emphasizes doing very well mainly on the AM. I don't think that is very wise.

-ptatohed did you try both EET & SofPE?

Thank you for that, Dan....now thinking more about this .... I could take 3 EET courses = 1 SofPE in price.

I do like the format of SofPE though .... 3 hours a night/4 days a week.... that worked really well for me on the FE.

I'm not too sure about 5-8 hour classes in January/February for an April exam.

Last edited by a moderator:

JQ,

Thanks!

From my personal experience I don't think the free repeat is necessary. If you don't get it the first time you most likely won't get it the second, third, fourth, and so on until you change your study habits. I took the SofPE up on their free repeat offer but found it to be a waste of my time because I already knew the material from when I took the class the first time. I failed my first time because I didn't study enough problems and relied solely on their notes and workshop problems. Don't do that. What worked for me was getting as many reputable study guides as I could find and blending those in with my SofPE notebooks. If I were taking the PE for the first time and was looking for a good review class I would probably take EET over SofPE. This is based on the feedback I've seen on this board and my personal experience with the SofPE. Don't get me wrong, SofPE is excellent and their instructors are all really great. I think they could tweak and add more workshop exam style questions to beef up their program. I'm not seeing/hearing much about that from EET. So if you're on the fence I'd try EET. They offer a stronger depth section than the SofPE and you need to do well on both AM and PM if you want to pass. SofPE emphasizes doing very well mainly on the AM. I don't think that is very wise.

-ptatohed did you try both EET & SofPE?
DH, long story, but to make it short(er): I studied the Survey/8-hr/Seismic on my own. I passed them in that order. Well, when I was down to only Seismic, I searched the internet for more Seismic problems/study material. I stumbled across EET and sent them a quick e-mail asking if they sell just their book. The owner/instructor Dr. Ibrahim replied, said no (I think it is now available for sale), but then proceeded to provide me with problems and assistance free of charge!!! Great, great guy. I have two friends that have taken/passed EET's Seismic class and a friend who took the 8hr/Transpo class and is currently waiting for results. EET will totally make you feel as if their interest lies in your success, not in their profit. I have only met Dr. I personally but my friend has good things to say about the Transpo instructor too.

I was going to wait until I got my results from the Fall 2014 exam before posting anything, but figured that regardless of the outcome, my opinion of the class wouldn't change.

The bottom line is that this class is outstanding! Dr. Nazrul Islam is an excellent instructor and his material prepares you for 95% of what you'll see on the exam. I took the PPI review course a few years ago and it does not compare to EET's review course. Needless to say, I didn't pass the exam back then. However after taking the course with Nazrul and the other EET instructors, I felt confident going into the exam, and more importantly felt the same way coming out of the exam.

I had graduated 25+ years ago with a Mechanical degree, so I never took any upper division civil courses. With that said, this course provided everything I needed to take the exam.

As for Dr. Islam, he went out of his way to ensure I understood even the simplest of concepts. For someone who was relatively new to some of the material, I never felt as if I was asking a stupid question. This says a lot of the teacher-student relationship. He also set up a separate session to make sure I could connect through the live webinar since I was having login problems.

The other main consideration I had was class size. EET's (seminar) class size is very small (less than 10 students), which allows for more interaction with the instructors. In comparison to PPI's class, as I recall, there were at least 50-60 people in the class, and asking questions or speaking to the instructor was much more difficult.

As I said in the beginning, this is an outstanding class. If for some reason I didn't pass this exam, it would be my own stupid fault for not reading the problem closely and probably forgetting to include the efficiency of a pump in my calculations.

If you take this class, you won't be disappointed. But the responsibility to do the practice problems and study is all on you, and no review class can prepare you for the exam if you don't do your part. Good luck!

Ray,

Did you take both the morning and afternoon topic review classes?

Matt -

Yes, I took both the Breadth and Depth review classes. My previous post was mostly in regards to the Water Resources Depth review class, but the Breadth class is also excellent. The morning topics were split between 3 different instructors.

Nazrul taught Water Resources and half the the geotech session. The Water portion of the Breadth session covered the basics of Closed Conduit, Open Channel Flow, and Hydrology. The Depth session went deeper into those areas.

Dr. Amir Malek taught the second half of the geotech session and the structural session. These were my most challenging subjects, mainly because I haven't done anything remotely structural since I took statics in school. But after struggling through the class sessions, the online Q&A session helped clear things up a bit. Ironically, I did the structural section first during the exam.

The construction, transportation, and engineering economics sessions were taught by Samir Ead. Samir is also a excellent instructor. He is very personable and when you submit your homework problems, he provides input on what you did correctly as well as where you went wrong.

EET's Breadth Review Class is a good complement to the Depth session. Each class is an 8 hour session and cover a lot of material. In comparison to the PPI class I took, the one 3 hour class per week reviewing Lindburgh's CERM doesn't adequately prepare you for what you may encounter during the exam. I heard that the ASCE class is similar to PPI's class, and costs around $2000. EET's 8 hour classes may be a bit overwhelming, especially if if start to fall behind, but it is worth it.

The last thing I would add is that EET includes a full 8-hour mock exam right before the actual exam. This is an invaluable opportunity to work out all the kinks in your preparation. During the mock exam, you have 4 hours for each session as if it were the real exam, and I learned two critical things. First, I realized that I needed to change the way my notes were organized as I had divided topics into individual binders. This took up too much space on my desk and I found it to be more of a hindrance as I searched for something. The other thing I learned was that fatigue started to set in with 1-1/2 hours left in the afternoon session. I knew the questions weren't difficult, but I couldn't figure out the answer and spent way more than 7 minutes on a problem. In the end, I had to guess on too many problems. Afterwards, Nazrul asked what happened and why I got so many wrong in the waste water treatment and water treatment topics, as I had done well with the homework problem. It coincided with the time fatigue set in. During the real exam, I made sure I had enough brain power to go the distance, and finished all the problems with time to recheck a few answers.

I didn't intend for such a long-winded answer, but hope it helps.

Thanks for the response. I'm signed up for school of pe right now, but if I don't pass, I might take eet. I hope you get passing results today. ;)

I have taken the School of PE, and agree that there PM is lacking -- considerably. That said, I'm enrolling in the EET depth program. I'll report back after the course, and after the exam in April 2015!

I am so on the fence right now ..... work will pay, but I have to get reimbursed. I'd rather not do all weekends, but will if I have to.

I'm thinking in this order:

SoPE/Mansour PM

Mansour AM/PM

EET AM/PM

Goswami

I am so on the fence right now ..... work will pay, but I have to get reimbursed. I'd rather not do all weekends, but will if I have to.

SoPE/Mansour PM

Mansour AM/PM

EET AM/PM

Goswami
The School of PE is severly lacking in the PM session.. from what I am reading, the 'EET' course may be the way to go for depth. The Goswami text (All in One) can be useful for the am portion of the exam - I did not realize that Goswami was offering PE Review courses. I have never heard of Mansour before this post.

I took WR&E this past October - waiting patiently for results :waiting: . The PM exam was very difficult and obtuse.

I relied on physics and ratios/proportions for some problems when I could not find any applicable equations. May the Force be with you.

(Rudy)

Last edited by a moderator:

SoPE/Mansour PM

Mansour AM/PM

EET AM/PM

Goswami

JQ, may I recommend you go with EET? Mention my screen name (or real name since you know it ;) ) and I promise you, you won't regret it. :)

SoPE/Mansour PM

Mansour AM/PM

EET AM/PM

Goswami
JQ, may I recommend you go with EET? Mention my screen name (or real name since you know it ;) ) and I promise you, you won't regret it. :)

Following up on previous posts. Got results today on the Fall 2014 exam...I passed!

I can't say enough about EET's review class.

JQ - It wasn't my preference to do weekends either, but looking back now that I passed, it was worth every weekend minute not to have to study that material again this Spring!

Back