PCS States - Page 2 - APR 2014 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
Hopeful_PE

PCS States

I wonder why PCS wants to get name of releasing late results instead of releasing the results sooner. and saving us.

My understanding is that they're are being paid to validate and approve the results. They are more focused on doing it correctly, and aren't worried about making us wait an extra 5-10 days, and I guess I can't blame them.

I wonder why PCS wants to get name of releasing late results instead of releasing the results sooner. and saving us.

My understanding is that they're are being paid to validate and approve the results. They are more focused on doing it correctly, and aren't worried about making us wait an extra 5-10 days, and I guess I can't blame them.

Hog wash. 14 other jurisdictions just informed thousands of candidates of their results in the last 4 hours and I doubt any of them had to be validated and approved any more than the 39 days that NCEES already poured into it.

How the heck would PCS validate the results? Sounds ridiculous. I think we should all start calling them like folks did for NCEES! You first... ;-)

what is the meaning of PCS states ?

:facepalm:

Did anyone tried to call PCS to see if they have received scores from NCEES?

from experience, don't bother. Just wait another 3 days. Possibly until Tuesday. Since Monday is a holiday, they will spend Friday thinking about their vacation/long weekend.

For anyone in PA or MD - the last two exams (April 2013, October 2013) released on Day 15 and Day 14, respectively. I think its a little too early to neurotically refresh the page waiting for a result. Back to productivity for a couple of weeks - will check back in June...

I sent PCS asking then when they would be releasing the results. I couldn't just sit here hitting F5 all day again. Who wants to bet they say 8-10 weeks?!!!

For anyone in PA or MD - the last two exams (April 2013, October 2013) released on Day 15 and Day 14, respectively. I think its a little too early to neurotically refresh the page waiting for a result. Back to productivity for a couple of weeks - will check back in June...

Does MD notify by letter or do we get the email from Ncees? I am not really sure. I contacted MD board yesterday and this is what they said "The Board is in the process of reconciling our information once complete you will receive your passing letters" When I tried to clarify if we are informed via letter by MD or email by Ncees I didn't hear back.

Does MD notify by letter or do we get the email from Ncees? I am not really sure. I contacted MD board yesterday and this is what they said "The Board is in the process of reconciling our information once complete you will receive your passing letters" When I tried to clarify if we are informed via letter by MD or email by Ncees I didn't hear back.

You'll receive an email... i can't remember if it came from NCEES or PCS... but last april exam i definitely got an email that told me to check my NCEES account for results. I failed and just re-took so anxiously awaiting that same email, but hoping for better result.

Does anyone have a list of states that are covered by PCS? Tried to find it but couldn't. Just trying to get a sense of where the bottleneck will be.

Did anyone tried to call PCS to see if they have received scores from NCEES?

I sent PCS an email, but no response yet. I bet we all now have to wait an extra day so they can collectively answer my email with an irrelevant "8-10 weeks".

After seeing the list of PCS states, and the release date maps from the last 2 exams, i have no hope of finding out before June. Oh well I suppose.

http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=22495&page=5

http://engineerboards.com/index.php?showtopic=21485&page=10

I don't think anyone answered your question. NCEES produces the exams. The state licensing boards administer the exams. Most often, the states use a testing service to do this on their behalf. There's a branch of NCEES that does this for a large majority of the states. PCS is a testing company that handles this for the states listed above in a couple other posts. I think IL and NY also use a testing service, but not NCEES or PCS. There may even be a few states that still handle it themselves.

I just called PCS, they said they received scores from NCEES yesterday and they are busy uploading them to their system and release to board, and board will do their part of uploading scores and issuing licenses, so may take some time 2-3 weeks more thats what she said.

I just called PCS, they said they received scores from NCEES yesterday and they are busy uploading them to their system and release to board, and board will do their part of uploading scores and issuing licenses, so may take some time 2-3 weeks more thats what she said.

I think I've heard this story before....

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAgX6qlJEMc

Did they gave the 2-3 week timeline for the whole process, or just when they plan on having everything uploaded into their system and released to the boards?

This should be as simple as uploading the photos off of a digital camera. It should take a few minutes - tops. If they know they get the data from NCEES in a specific format each year, how difficult is it to be set up to interpret and log the data quickly? It's not like the NCEES sends them a PDF where they were expecting an Excel file...

Which state are you in? Looks like PA just released results, even though PCS told you 2-3 weeks.

Sign in to follow this