PCS States - APR 2014 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Hopeful_PE

PCS States

Do states that go through PCS (or another middle man agency) have to wait longer for the results? Do they normally all release results at the same time?

actually, scratch that. Always at least a week later

Do states that go through PCS (or another middle man agency) have to wait longer for the results? Do they normally all release results at the same time?

Waiting on NJ here, and Sapper is (unsurprisingly) correct.

Additionally, for the Oct 2013 exam, pcshq.com updated before NCEES.com, and before the email was sent out

I may not have my facts straight, but I think I remember a thread somewhere a couple years ago about CT becoming a new PCS state. I think it didn't use to be. But I could be wrong. I moved here this past summer, so didn't really pay much attention to CT back in 2012.

The other forum says that DE results are out. DE is a PCS state.

DE is only a PCS state for land surveyors and not engineers - that's why.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg

I can't recall the standard status post-test, but my PCS status now states "Scores Received" ... so there's that,

mine has said that all along, but it isn't checked and hasn't been checked.

MA has historically released on day 3.

That's a good point Ken, I guess I've really focused on the only two PCS states that I care about, VA and CT, since those are the ones where I've taken exams. So, I retract my earlier statement and will just say, yes PCS states are typically later than the direct from NCEES to candidate states.

ha - well at least that's somewhat hopeful. My PCS still says "Scores Received" but has not been checked.

Mine has shown "scores received" since before I took the test. The box isn't checked though...so it means we've got nothing.

MA has historically released on day 3.

I can't speak for before April 2013, but it has been at least a week after the first release for April 2013 and October 2013 for MA.

I took it 2011 & 2012. So I was just going off that. Hopefully it is dinner rather than later.

My new goal in life, after passing the PS and state specific exam, and becoming dually licensed as a PE LS, is to get elected to my state board and vote against renewing PCS's contract... and encouraging all the other board members to vote the same way. Then change residence back to VA, and do the same thing there. I need to right the wrongs of PCS against so many victims for so many years.

You think I'm kidding!

The best part is that I'm sure these states are paying more for the exam for the PCS "Services".

Mine has shown "scores received" since before I took the test. The box isn't checked though...so it means we've got nothing.

mine has said that all along, but it isn't checked and hasn't been checked.

Mine is unchecked as well, I guess I just hadn't noticed that the status changed from "Eligibility Sent to NCEES"

I wonder why PCS wants to get name of releasing late results instead of releasing the results sooner. and saving us.

Because they are satisfied with the amount of business they are bringing in, and see no need to show the remaining states that they offer any value. At all. That's my best guess.

Finally passed after 3 tries. I'm glad i don't have to take this thing again and that I don't have to wait for PCS...i took it DC ....YAY!!!!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this