Lindenburg Exam Prep

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DandyDon

Reaction score
I wanted to get other people's opinions on this. When preparing for the Civil PE, I stayed away from any of LIndenburg's sample exam questions. I found them to be complicated and very time consuming. I chose to work more exam-like examples.

I found Lindeburg's FE review questions to be harder and more in depth then the actually exam. I'm glad that I struggled through each and every one too. It made the actually exam questions doable.

edit: fixt

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. The Lindeburg sample problems are much more difficult than the actual exam. I used the NCEES sample problems, Mike's Civil PE Exam Guide, and the Four Sample Exams for the Civil PE Exam by Rajapakse for my preparation. These provided problems similar in difficulty to the actual exam. Solving the problems helped to build up my speed for the actual exam. I found the problems in the Six Minute Solutions to be a notch above in difficulty compared to the acutal exam.

lindenberg questinos are more in-depth than the actual exam in my opinion but it is helpful to understand the subject

I recall one of the instructors from my prep class saying "you don't prepare for a marathon by playing basketball, you prepare for a marathon by running one." That applies here. Doing the Lindeburg practice problems is like playing basketball to prepare for a marathon. rdv128 has it right and that's also how I prepared for the exam. Running a marathon isn't all that difficult. You place one foot in front of another which is simple enough, but it takes alot of work to finish a marathon. Same way with the PE exam.

Good call DH. I did all of the NCEES PRACTICE problems that I could get my hands on and also the Goswami all in one practice tests.

Back