Online Masters Degree

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apprentice

Reaction score
Hi Ladies/Gents,

Can anyone please tell me their experience with online Masters programs. I plan on doing an online masters program since I couldn't get into a tradition program for the one of the schools I applied to and would like to know someone else's experience with online masters. Btw I'm EE and intend to concentrate in Power/Energy since I'm currently in that area. I'm looking at ASU, K-State, & UTA. All comments will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

This is the program I am currently enrolled in: http://www.mtu.edu/ece/online/msee/

I really like the course content and structure. Take a look and let me know if you have any specific questions. And also know this program is not for the faint of heart. ;)

Thanks knight1fox3. It looks really interesting. I'll look into it more later. How demanding is it if I may ask? Do you currently work in a power related field?

Thanks knight1fox3. It looks really interesting. I'll look into it more later. How demanding is it if I may ask? Do you currently work in a power related field?
Demanding? LOL....yes. It takes every little bit of free time I have left. But very worth it in the long run. And yes, I am currently working in a power-related field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you researched the University of Idaho? They have a really good power program, especially in the areas of system protection and electric machines. Also many of their courses are taught by professors who have their PE license. One professor that really stands out is Professor Brad Johnson he is knowledgable and a very good teacher.

Back