What happens if we don't find out our scores in time to re-test?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crunchercrunch

Reaction score
Just like the title says. Somebody on this site mentioned we won't be getting scores until July 17th. The refile application deadline is July 7th in California.

Since I'm not confident in my April test, should I just re-file so I don't end up having to wait a full year to retake the test?

Anyone else in the situation or have been in it before?

Just relax, for years and years and years people have taken PE exams in your state, somewhere in that time, at least one or two people failed. I'm pretty sure that Cali worked out a solution for those folks and will have a plan for you too if that is what is needed.

In ohio the give the recent testers another month after the application deadline.

once your application is on record with your state, you do not have to go through that initial process of submitting your application. That being said, the state board will probably tell you to reapply ahead of the scores being released if you think that you might need to. It won't cost you anything either; not until the payment deadline which at that point you will Shirley know pass/fail.

Just relax, for years and years and years people have taken PE exams in your state, somewhere in that time, at least one or two people failed. I'm pretty sure that Cali worked out a solution for those folks and will have a plan for you too if that is what is needed.
Maybe not:

· Schedule is subject to change in accordance with Board Rule 436©.

· Applications must be postmarked by the final filing date in accordance with Board Rule 422(a). · Effective October 2011 exam administration, postponement requests will be considered on a case by case basis.

· If you are applying for licensing in California you must apply in accordance with California statutes and regulations, schedules and deadlines. The California Board does not honor NCEES or other state's deadlines for submitting applications.

· Effective January 2012: The final filing date for submission of complete, new applications for licensing for the October exams will be May 1 of each year. The final filing date for submission of complete, new applications for licensing for the April exams will be November 1 of each year.

· All Civil PE applicants must comply with the posted final filing dates as they are required by law to take and pass the California Civil Exams.

· The Board does not allow extensions of the final filing dates pending notification of the FE/EIT and FS/LSIT exam results, or exam appeal results.

* The California Specific Examinations will be administered as computer based tests (CBT). All candidates will receive an e-mail notice from the Board or the CBT vendor approximately 6-8 weeks prior to the examination date with instructions on when and how to schedule their examination once all applications have been reviewed and approved.
Back in the day, I know OR didn't extend the filing date. Their logic was there's no harm in waiting another cycle.

Bottom line: Call CA's BPELSG and ask them... they'll tell you clearly!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop worrying, California results will be posted long before July 7th. Looks at the past testing cycle release dates.

+1! Don't trust what "someone on this site mentioned" when it comes to dates exams will be release nor what the cut scores will be. This is especially true when it comes to them giving specific dates. Nobody here has a crystal ball regardless of "my good sources tell me." Heck we like to mess with each other when it comes to this because it is a way of easing the frustration of it taking so long.

I am not aware of spring results ever being as late as July. California has a factor of safety built into their refile date. Rest assured. It won't be a problem.

Back