Tabbing References

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ALL of them!

If you've yet to tab your references, getting advice from those that have tabbed already won't be of any help to you.

Good luck on the exam.

^ Not very nice, but is also realistic.

The tabs I utilized were placed in sections that I found to be of importance when taking the practice tests. What I thought was important could be completely different from anyone else taking the exam.

I know people that tab the start of every chapter so they can quickly reference a particular chapter, others tab important tables or formula sections. Each person is going to do it differently.

Good luck.

I have tabbed alot of my references, but the ones i did not use much during studying, such as MUTCD-6 and NDS, i do not have many tabs.

Just trying to get some input, if there were any tables that were found to be important.

I don't recall if I used the NDS during the morning or not. I do remember using it in the afternoon though (Structural).

If you didn't hit them hard during practice tests, you might be ok as long as you have them with you on Friday. Just come back to those questions after getting the ones you know completed.

Good advice above.. Also make sure to tab every section in your OSHA book so you can quickly find those answers.

During your preparation for the exam, you should tab appropriate tables, charts, and figures. While solving sample practice exams, you will be able to determine which information is relevant.

Familiarity with several code books is also important when taking the Construction Depth exam. Review ACI, OSHA 29 CFR Part 1926, AISC 318 and 347, NDS, and MUTCD Part 6.

Good luck.

Back