Michigan gym sends girl home for workout attire

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJmike PE

Game Czar
Reaction score
http://www.myfoxny.com/story/25190792/gym-deems-teens-outfit-inappropriate

Allison Roth went to her Michigan gym regularly to work out and stay in shape, but she claims that after a recent controversial decision by Planet Fitness, she canceled her membership and began looking for other options.
Roth, 17, says she was told by Planet Fitness that her outfit was inappropriate for the gym and was making other customers uncomfortable. Roth took offense to the gym telling her to cover up or go home and chose to leave and cancel her membership.

I've seen girls, and sadly guys, wear much less in my gym.

3458540_G.jpg

agreed. most disturbing is based on this, yoga pants are a no-no. :facepalm:

got to be more to the story? hell that is overdressed for the PUBLIC rec center we go to?

When she turns 18, we'll need more pictures to verify the authenticity of this story.

I think the main part of the story is the gym and not her. I have been seeing a lot of adds on tv for PF promoting their judgement free zone gyms. They have a specific section for "lunks" who grunt while working out. They are pushing this whole "plane-jane" atmosphere. But I agree, sending her home for this is way overkill. What are they expecting, sweatpants and hoodies?

one of their main gimmicks is their $10 monthly fee. As a result we get all of the above nonsense.

There are def. pockets of uber-conservative tea-baggers around enough MI cities, be curious as to which area this was in. But I agree, total :facepalm: for this PF

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this might be the case of some ladies with a "glandular problem" being made to fell bad by a skinny bitch?

yall MI people seen the movie "The 5 Year Engagement"? Pretty funny cultural analysis on the state (IMHO)

Back