Engineer Boards
​ ​
FLBuff PE

EB Cycling Club

Any one got any ideas for rigging something up to a bike so it can carry a French horn? Kid has lessons at school on Monday's at lunchtime and normally most adults are at work this time... ??

could you rig a backpack?

We have one of these and was wondering what use it would have after mini p-e outgrew it.  Carting French horns obviously

e65b86e5-011f-4f56-9cec-40b3c26b5f98_1.4

On 5/29/2018 at 7:13 PM, Road Guy said:

Any one got any ideas for rigging something up to a bike so it can carry a French horn? Kid has lessons at school on Monday's at lunchtime and normally most adults are at work this time... ??

BOB trailer for sure. You could also definitely get such a beast on a regular rack. I used to being a suitcase to work on my bike. I've carried other bikes on my bike, so a French horn should fit. Buy a shit ton of bungies. 

Don't you have an Eagle Scout that could fashion a platform? 

• Like 1

we used to have one of those trailers, I sold it when we moved :(

I'm thinking of just putting on the regular bike luggage rack thing and then bolting a piece of plywood cut to the width of the French horn case (around 2 FT) and then yes tons of bungee's

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Road Guy said:

we used to have one of those trailers, I sold it when we moved :(

I'm thinking of just putting on the regular bike luggage rack thing and then bolting a piece of plywood cut to the width of the French horn case (around 2 FT) and then yes tons of bungee's

You could probably also bolt some uprights on it to prevent it from shifting. 

The fiance and I got a good, tough, 26+ mile ride in with 2700' of elevation gain on Saturday. I'd definitely never done a ride as tough as that before, and wasn't a 100% happy camper the entire time (I hadn't eaten enough nor drank enough water beforehand), but I definitely think I'd do it again! The views were amazing, and I felt super accomplished afterwards!

• Like 3

And kudos to my fiance, who knew I could do it and put up with me when I was cursing going uphill, and squealing half out of delight and half out of fear of losing my life going down intensely steep, curvy downhill portions.

32 minutes ago, leggo PE said:

The fiance and I got a good, tough, 26+ mile ride in with 2700' of elevation gain on Saturday. I'd definitely never done a ride as tough as that before, and wasn't a 100% happy camper the entire time (I hadn't eaten enough nor drank enough water beforehand), but I definitely think I'd do it again! The views were amazing, and I felt super accomplished afterwards!

Awesome! It was pretty toasty this weekend. Glad we didn't have any casualties!

• Like 1

Did a short ride of about 15+ miles as I rode around town and the surrounding paved trails as I continue prepping for the triathlon in July. According to Samsung, my highest elevation was 721'. BOOM! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

happy bike to work day!

35973188_10215731929468261_3108098567454064640_n.jpg

• Haha 1

Bike to work day out here was back in May.

Is there a triathlon thread? Really thinking about signing up for an ironman 70.3 in October. 

1 hour ago, Jbone27 PE said:

Is there a triathlon thread? Really thinking about signing up for an ironman 70.3 in October. 

Not that I recall, but ironically I just did my first sprint Triathlon yesterday. It went great and was a lot of fun! :thumbs:

35 minutes ago, knight1fox3 said:

Not that I recall, but ironically I just did my first sprint Triathlon yesterday. It went great and was a lot of fun! :thumbs:

Nice! I have a sprint in September. That's why I was wondering if I should push on to the 70.3 after that since I'm already training. Think you'll do anymore?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jbone27 PE said:

Nice! I have a sprint in September. That's why I was wondering if I should push on to the 70.3 after that since I'm already training. Think you'll do anymore?

Most definitely! It was a lot of fun! Not so crazy about the swimming part, but I powered through that. Already looking at another one in August but instead of swimming, it's kayaking! Which I thought was an interesting twist! :D

I don't know that I'll ever want to push for the actual Iron Man triathlon distances though. It's respectable and all, but seems a bit much IMO.

A tri is on my list. I can handle the swimming and biking part ok, but I will definitely start running some.

• Like 1