Engineer Boards
​ ​
FLBuff PE

EB Cycling Club

So can I get into cycling without having to wear those faggotty clothes they all wear?

(No offense)

None taken! You can buy shorts that work off the bike as well as on. Take a look at http://www.theguardian.com/environment/bike-blog/2012/sep/19/levis-vulpine-best-everyday-bike-wear

But if you want real street cred, you'll need to shave your legs.

You can wear whatever you want. Heck, I live in a redneck town and I see guys riding by wearing carhartt. Just be warned that cotton will chafe if you ride hard/long enough.

Creative+%2521.jpg

W A N T ! ! !

So can I get into cycling without having to wear those faggotty clothes they all wear?

(No offense)

G.

F.

Y.

!!!

Iron-Man-Bicycling-Costume-T-Shirt-Long-

I always wonder why so many suburbanites feel the need to look like Lance Armstrong when they're only dicking around for a mile or two...

^That's bad@$$.

RG, part of the reason we wear those "faggotty clothes" is that spandex is comfortable on long rides, and the bright colors make it easier for cars to see us. Oh yeah...GFY.

I was just giving you sh!t anyway. If your tooling around on the bikepaths with the kids, don't sweat it. If you're heading out on a longer mountain bike ride, look into some shorts that aren't spandex looking but still have the chamois (@$$ pad) and a sweat wicking t-shirt. Try looking around here: http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/TopCategories_10053_10052_-1

I always wonder why so many suburbanites feel the need to look like Lance Armstrong when they're only dicking around for a mile or two...

I don't wanna look like Lance Armstrong no matter how far I'm riding. I like having both my testicles.

I don't wanna look like Lance Armstrong no matter how far I'm riding. I like having both my testicles.

I don't want to turn this into a Lance debate, but I offer two perspectives: 1) He didn't do anything almost all the other riders did... except succeed at hiding it for a very long time, and 2) Anyone who calls themselves Juan Pelotta when checking into a hotel under an assumed name gets serious bonus points if they've had testicular cancer.

They make baggy shorts. Of course, those are mostly for fat dudes.

I don't want to turn this into a Lance debate, but I offer two perspectives: 1) He didn't do anything almost all the other riders did... except succeed at hiding it for a very long time, and 2) Anyone who calls themselves Juan Pelotta when checking into a hotel under an assumed name gets serious bonus points if they've had testicular cancer.

I wasn't making any commentary about Lance other than he only had 1 testicle. Personally, I don't think he did anything different than any other professional biker during those years.

He sued the pants of anyone who crossed him. That makes him a little different than the rest.

Anyone else here done weeklong rides?

Kinda off topic, but still with two wheels, my 5 year old figured out the rip stick Saturday. So between that and losing the training wheels he is a mobile son of a gun.

• Like 1

He sued the pants of anyone who crossed him. That makes him a little different than the rest.

I haven't yet, but it is on my to-do list. I was going to do the Bicycle Tour of Colorado (similar to Ride the Rockies) in 2008, but then the economy hit the skids, my pay was temporarily cut 20%, and I had to cancel. I want to do RTR one day, maybe once the miniBuffs are a little more self-sufficient.

I've got RTR on my list, as well. Mostly for the daily paper and the kajillion feet of climb on the week.

I like riding centuries (the metric ones are a little easier!). It's a great vibe and the support is usually outstanding. I haven't done one in a few years, though.

I know we have quite a few cyclists here, whether serious or weekend warriors. I figured it is time to create a dedicated thread. Post anything bike related (mountain, road, recumbent, pro race talk, etc.). I am riding a 110-mile one day event mid-summer, so I have already started riding 10-20 miles at lunch, weather permitting.

Ummm..... once every other weekend or so I go out with my Golden Retriever, Molly, biking on the trails across the street, for a few mile's ride, with my 2007 Santa Cruz Heckler - does that count?

Oh, and I have a kid-seat bolted to my old POS Wal-Mart Mongoose that I alternate taking my 1yo and 3.5yo's around the neighborhood in. :)

post-16801-0-72546200-1397073299_thumb.j

^Nice!

<--this is the century + that I'm riding in the summer.

Was out on what was going to be the second century of the summer, but only made it 95 miles. An uphill return route, combined with a brutal headwind made me think it wasn't worth the extra five miles. I was pleased to have made it back! Everytime the SAG wagon went by, it was packed. I waved happily and kept going.

was that on the real bike or the lazy boy recliner bike?

Lazy Boy Recliner Bike. If my crotch is going to take a pounding, it's not going to be on a bike.

• Like 3

Nice work, CSB! I took a friend on a 35-mile loop, with lots of ups and downs. He rode the MS 150 last year, so I though he'd be a better endurance cyclist than me...nope. I was hauling him up the hills. He bonked at mile 30.

I remember back in 2009 when I bonked on the first day of a multi-day ride. I learned quickly- eat and drink consistently, even if I'm not hungry/thirsty. Bonking sucks.

So I got on the bike for the first time in a while. It's not working right. 10 years ago it used to go faster easier.

My wife doesn't think it's the bike.