NCEES Practice Exam Score

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasasj

Reaction score
Anyone care to post what score they got on the NCEES Practice Exam? (Especially Civil-Construction)

...and did you pass the PE exam? If not, what was your score?

Wondering what the correlation is (if any).

Thanks,

I viewed but I don't recall exactly what my Practice exam scores were from October. However don't get all bound up over the scores. You could totally bomb the practice exams as long as you learn from your mistakes

I also viewed without replying. I haven't taken the PE yet, but I bombed the EIT practice test when I first took it. But like NJmike said, I tried to learn from it. I ultimately took several practice tests while preparing for the EIT. My goal was to get a better score each time to show progress.

I took the morning, scored a 33/40 in 2.5 hours. Going to try the afternoon another day. I know I should be studying my @$$ off, but at the same time I don't want to waste my time. Just trying to gauge how nervous I should be. Aside from tabbing my references & getting my brain flexibility back, should I be worried about cramming?

And thank you both for replying.

I thought the practice exams were way harder than the actual exam, and not very similar in types of questions. I passed the PE exam and only scored around 50% on both AM and PM NCEES practice exams.

I took the transportation last Sunday.

37 out of 40 in the am and 31 or 32 out of 70 in pm

If the real test is easier I will start giggling part way through. Lets hope

I meant 31 or 32 out of 40 But now that I think about it I scored a 71 out of 80 soooo yeah, I'm getting burned out!!!!!

I didn't do so hot on the Mechanical Machine design depth. Morning, I got 29/40. Afternoon only 19/40. On the bright side. Several stupid mistakes, especially on the AM. Not converting to the units of the answer, etc. The PM was a mixed bag for me. some things I really didn't have a clue. We will see what happens on Friday. Good luck to all.

Just make sure that you learned from them. Don't keep making the same mistakes and just as importantly, don't forsake the other topics within the exam. I did the second time I took the exam.

I took the latest practice test and got 35 out of 40 in the morning and 28 out of 40 on the afternoon. But I will have to say, the practice test seemed way easier than the actual PE test I just took in April. I took the Water Resources exam.

That seems to be the theme.

I think that equates to a cut score of....... 53!!!

Sounds good.

When I took the WR/Env. practice exam I got 35 out of 40 for the AM and 36 out of 40 for the PM. I have a copy of the 2008 version and got 20 out of 20 for the AM and got 18 out of 20 for the PM. The practice exams are spot on in terms of difficulty. I saved the NCEES sample exams for the end of my studies and hoped it would be a big confidence booster. I went through several other study guides before doing these and that helped a lot.

Back