Has anyone else had problems following Goswami practice exams?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am struggling with his practice exams........ they just seem to be worded awkwardly. It seems like every other question I have to cheat and look at the answer because I am not sure what he is intending for you to solve for, or finding errors in in his solutions.

So far I have used every practice exam I can find, NCEES, 6 minute solutions, PPI exams, Learn civil engineeing exams, etc. His just has me ready to throw it out.

Any of you have any thoughts on this?

Can you be specific about which module you are concerned with? There are two AM sets and 5 PM sets in that book. Or are your comments applicable to the entire thing?

I have/am going through the two morning exams and construction. I have found the construction exam so far to be decent. Some of the excavation problems seem cumbersome in it but everything else so far isn't to bad. (#605 had a dump time listed as (per 3cy load) is 30 seconds) which I wored as it taking 30 seconds for each 3 cy on the truck) It sounded so I had to look through the answer to see what was meant, and as I thought it was 30 sec per total dump. That is a good example.

So I guess it is mainly the morning problems. I have found several that have been solved differently than methods used in the other exams which makes it hard to figure out. I should have marked them, and I will try to be more specific as I go through them. I was working on them last week and didn't have an internet connection to post at the time.

Maybe I am just whining about nothing. I have went through 400-500 other exams problems and hit these and I am having difficulties with some of them. I guess I am just trying to figure out if they are in fact more difficult and cumbersome, or if my brain is just worn out.

Just my personal experience. I used various editions of the ncees practice problems / exams and this book exclusively. I found this to be the most similar to the exam

Back