How is your commute to work?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ship Wreck PE

Reaction score
I have to drive about 18 miles to work each morning in light traffic on 4 lane state highways and it takes about 25 miniutes.

7 miles 10 minutes 1500' of elevation loss.

this is one of the shortest commutes of my career. I used to drive US 1 from Westfield to Trenton every day. where is the barf emoticon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Previously 12 miles each way with minimal traffic.

New job, 45 miles each way with mire traffic. Best time, 45 minutes; worst time 3 hours; average is 1 hr 15 min.

I live about 1.5 miles from my office. Ready for spring to get here so I can start biking again.

20-25 minutes in, because there is only light traffic between 6 and 6:30 am. Going home... 1:15+ every day. Southbound on I-485 blows, and when I choose to move, I'm going to stay far away from it.

It's about 14 miles to work and I can get there in the morning in about 20 minutes and it's usually about 30 minutes in the evening. It would be longer if I didn't get to work at 6:30 and leave at 4:45.

about 10min depending on lights and the road construction going on right now. only about 5 miles from the office but its mostly low speed residential roads to get there.

I forgot to mention that the drive to work takes a little longer now with trying to dodge all the potholes. The roads are reaaaaally bad now.

Back